PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's Bad Green Gator

nomadhacker
September 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM

I'm trying to figure out what my opinion is on this ink still.

It's got great waterproof, bulletproof, proof proof permanence. It's got an amazingly fast dry time. And it's a nice unusual color of green.

On the other hand, it feathers and bleeds. Quite a bit.

Trying it in an extra fine and on different types of paper next time to see if I can get a handle on this ink by playing to its strengths.

benjitzu
January 20th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the review! Have you written with this ink much since the review? I'm searching for a nice waterproof green - have already tried samples of Noodler's Hunter Green and Noodler's Polar Green. LOVE the Hunter Green (great color and performed magnificently), but it's so darn pricey compared to BGG and Polar Green. Didn't mind the color of Polar Green at all but the feathering...oh my, it feathered on everything I tried from 20# to HP 32# to Rhodia to Clairfontaine, etc.

Have you used any other waterproof greens? Just curious. I'm about to order a sample of BGG from Goulet's so I can do a side by side test of all three.

Sailor Kenshin
January 20th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the review.

This green is SO waterproof it's my watercolor-sketch and check-writing ink. I fell for it when I tested it at a pen show back in the day.

It makes a nice sage green when diluted with 90% water. Yup, I typed that right. I use it in a Hero 616 that accidentally got stubbed.

rdcalhoon
January 20th, 2014, 01:38 PM
............ so I can do a side by side test of all three.
I do like my sample of Hunter Green but I haven't gotten past the price. I'd love to see a side by side of any waterproof green inks. I hope you will post your test.

benjitzu
January 26th, 2014, 10:08 AM
............ so I can do a side by side test of all three.
I do like my sample of Hunter Green but I haven't gotten past the price. I'd love to see a side by side of any waterproof green inks. I hope you will post your test.

Just posted a review/comparison of BGG, Polar Green, Hunter Green, and threw in Green Marine too just for fun.

Mags
January 26th, 2014, 11:09 AM
It is nice they make these secure inks that can't be easily washed and tampered with.