PDA

View Full Version : Vanness Pen Shop | Great Experience(s)

GTown_Dave
October 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
I can't say enough good things about Vanness Pen Shop. While I've only dealt w/ the shop online, Mike Vanness has been exceptionally courteous, helpful & prompt in all communications. Shipping is fast (& for U.S. orders over $35.00, free!), & packaging secure. I would not hesitate to recommend them, & plan on being a repeat-repeat customer.

Annie
October 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I struck a deal with Mike from Vanness Pens here on geeks. A lovely pen turned up from across the pond. Secure packaging, lovely pen and great service. No hesitation in adding a recommendation.

Tracy Lee
October 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I've had great experience too. He shipped my Akkerman really quickly, packaged very carefully and there was no breakage. He threw in a small Rhodia surprise. Would absolutely recommend them, great service.

Robert
October 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I've had three (3) Vanness transactions in the past couple of months: Akkerman ink special; Pilot VP deal; and Iroshizuku ink special. Each was a pleasure, not to mention a smokin' hot deal. Vanness is on my "AAA+++" list.

Poeticnook
October 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
+1 got my pilot VP from Mike @ VannessPens :) great transaction

jde
July 10th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Giving this thread a bump to say: had my first purchase from Vanness Pen (https://vanness1938.com) this week.

What a pleasant, happy experience! I contacted them regarding a long discontinued Bexley fountain pen. They had it at a good price, and shipping was included. Ordered Monday, got it on Wednesday!

Also goes to show you, don't be afraid to ask for something you don't see on a company's website. Ya never know, you might get your wish!

Cheers.

Chi Town
July 10th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I had the GREAT opportunity to visit their shop in GA, as I live in Albuquerque, NM and was visiting my in-laws. While there I purchased the most amazing pen, an Omas Milord with a Flessable nib, thats right Flessable is what the nib says! Any ways I met Mike and his wife and even had our pictures taken to show my pen club, The New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.....They are such nice people that it is not even funny!! I can't wait to go back, but my wife thinks differently given what I spent for that pen, ha, ha, ha......

Austin_Malone
June 22nd, 2015, 01:48 PM
They also host pen club meetings at their store. Absolutely lovely people who stand behind their products. You know when you buy from them you are supporting a Brick and Mortar store, receiving a quality product, and that if you have any issues, you can have them resolved quickly.

pengeezer
July 12th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Met them at the Miami Pen Show on Saturday,and though they didn't have the inks I was looking for(P/E Amber
and Amethyst),their service was exceptional! Well worth doing business with!

John

penwash
November 27th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Vanness have the best pricing for buying inks in the US, bar none.

TerraNoir
November 30th, 2015, 06:35 AM
I had a lovely experience with Vanness twice so far! Love them so much. I have purchased from them twice at the DC Pen show and twice online. Everything was packaged well and arrived on time. I love the Callifolio inks I have purchased from them and plan on making a few more purchases in the near future.

penwash
November 30th, 2015, 03:41 PM
So check this Thanksgiving haul from Vanness:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5734/23399680446_978044a817_c.jpg

1. I order exactly $36 to get the free shipping (for all orders over $35)
2. They still give me a bonus ink sample despite my barely above $35 order <--- That, folks, is CLASS!!
3. Their sample vial contains 5ml of ink for $2. Another shop gave me 2ml for $1.50

I tell you, the best place to get ink in the USA. If they are not 5 hrs drive from me, I'd be visiting their store.