PDA

View Full Version : My Edison Huron has a new look! (cap ring!!)

jde
October 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
I've had my beautiful (if I may say) Edison Huron for 4 years now. Despite all the pens that I've sold off, the Huron is one that always stays. I also love the look of clipless pens, and all my Edisons (so far) have been clipless. The Huron, though, felt like it needed a little something special after 4 years of dedicated service.

This is what Brian came up with! To me it's just perfect!

Happy day,
Julie
(I do blather on and on about my beloved Huron on my blog here. (http://peaceablewriter.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/edisonhuronrevisit/))

(Using Brian's photos w/his permission)

http://peaceablewriter.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bgring1.jpg

http://peaceablewriter.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bgring2.jpg

KrazyIvan
October 3rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
It looks like it is being hugged. :)

Tracy Lee
October 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
A really neat touch, completely unique. I think it's great after your years with it that you wanted to give it a little something more. Understated, but lovely, like a halo for a pen you love!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

cwent2
October 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
A friendship ring for a pen?

Laura N
October 3rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
An anniversary ring. So awesome!

tiffanyhenschel
October 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
I love your blog, Julie. You are farther along the path in your fountain pen and ink journey, but we are both headed in the same direction. My Edisons form the core of my remaining collection, and I have a Huron desk pen collaboration in the works with Brian right now.

Hmm. That ring looks great. Do you know if it is available in a gold tone?

jde
October 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
I love your blog, Julie. You are farther along the path in your fountain pen and ink journey, but we are both headed in the same direction. My Edisons form the core of my remaining collection, and I have a Huron desk pen collaboration in the works with Brian right now.

Hmm. That ring looks great. Do you know if it is available in a gold tone?

Thank you for the kind words, Tiffany. I've noticed that Edisons have taken over your life! Ohhhhhh a desk pen?! There's always somethin' new to tempt.

Mine is gold plated. Is that what you mean? Reach out to Brian for options/details. It won't cost ya. Unless you can't help yourself.

InvisibleMan
October 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
That's pretty cool! Nice blog, too. fun read:)

tiffanyhenschel
October 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=tiffanyhenschel;47494]

Mine is gold plated. Is that what you mean? Reach out to Brian for options/details. It won't cost ya. Unless you can't help yourself.

Yes. I was trying to quickly post during my lunch break and didn't look at the pictures closely. I read your blog this morning and remembered that the ring started out silver. Obviously, I wasn't paying attention to detail. Thanks!

trhall
October 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
It looks like it is being hugged. :)

That's exactly what I was thinking! It does look like the cap is being hugged.

Nice addition to an already lovely pen, Julie!

jde
October 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Thomas!

It's a coincidence, actually, that the ring arrived during the pen's 4th year anniversary. When I look back at my original conversations about the ring, Brian and I began the discussion last December!

All in all, it's pretty sweet.