PDA

View Full Version : October Ink Drop

heath
October 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
First, I must say I have been surprised by the lack of "coverage" of the Goulet Ink Drop samples. I am sure there are loads of people in this program (I personally like the discount on inks you get from being a member). Is there an unwritten rule that says don't out the Ink Drop inks or am I missing something?

Well, regardless, this is a writing sample I did with a dip pen using October's Inks. I'm a bit of a dip pen novice so forgive the penmanship.

http://heathcates.com/2013/october-ink-drop/

reprieve
October 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
That is a great selection of autumnal colors! I've been curious about Stipula Saffron; it looks like it has a nice amount of shading.

VertOlive
October 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Really, this post is a great idea! I've been wondering about the Ink Drop thing...this is a fine way to showcase the inks you got. It's nice to see writing samples instead of all the swabs on the website [which, admittedly, I stare at for hours...]. That Antietam is on my list.

Thanks from a newbie!

AndyT
October 25th, 2013, 03:55 AM
That Antietam is on my list.

I received a letter form an Ink Drop subscriber just recently, partly written with Antietam - it's a very attractive autumnal russet colour without any obvious equivalents and well worth a place on the list. The Golden Brown deserves your attention too if high shading potential is an appealing prospect.

tandaina
October 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I honestly am SO behind using my ink drop colors I haven't tried a single Oct color yet! But they are a really interesting set!

Senecabud
October 26th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Glad to see this post as I have been considering joining the Ink Drop program as soon as I make up my mind what type of dip pen I want to use. If I join, it will be soon. One thing that's held me back--in addition to selecting a dip pen--is the question of how I'm going to use all that ink, since I keep 9 pens already constantly inked with various colors. Most likely I'll use the extra ink (after trying it with a dip pen) in a brush for painting on watercolor paper, although I prefer to draw in graphite. Hmmm need to think some more. BTW I really DO like doing business with Goulet. They spoil you quickly.