PDA

View Full Version : turquoise

chadden
October 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I love the color of Noodler Navaho turquoise but I often get smears with it. I was wondering if you could recommend a similar color that dries a little faster or a straight blue. I don't need instant dry; I am not a lefty. I merely want something that will dry a little quicker. Thank you.

reprieve
October 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Diamine Mediterranean Blue and Diamine Florida Blue look pretty close to Noodler's Navajo, and I haven't noticed especially long drying times with either of those inks on Rhodia paper. You might also check out this thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/4285-Recommend-a-Turquoise-with-shading-please) for turquoise recommendations, although I think most of the inks mentioned there are a little bit lighter than what you're looking for.

bogiesan
January 1st, 2014, 07:15 AM
I have five different Noodler's inks and they all go down wet. Rhodia webbie notebooks dry slowly with all of my inks.
I happen to really like Sheaffer's turquoise but it's the only turquoise I have so of course it's my favorite.

dannzeman
January 1st, 2014, 08:54 AM
Turquoise is probably my favorite color family. Try Visconti Turquoise or Montblanc Dandy Turquoise.

Sailor Kenshin
January 1st, 2014, 10:53 AM
I love the color of Noodler Navaho turquoise but I often get smears with it. I was wondering if you could recommend a similar color that dries a little faster or a straight blue. I don't need instant dry; I am not a lefty. I merely want something that will dry a little quicker. Thank you.

I have the same problem. Try diluting it a little bit with water, as that usually improves dry time.

onepuff
January 1st, 2014, 05:08 PM
Pelikan Turquoise is reasonably fast drying and isn't too wet.

Cookies
January 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Lamy Turquoise is absolutely lovely.

ac12
January 1st, 2014, 07:40 PM
I have not tried the others, but I do like Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise.
I have no problem with it taking too long to dry.

kokopelli
January 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
I use Waterman Turquoise and it is a very nice ink with good shading in a Waterman Expert Medium nib. I lately bought Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise but yet to try. I expect Sheaffer to be somewhat lighter than Waterman.

Diamine ASA Blue looks Turquiose in some pens while medium blue/green in some others. It is a nice daily Turquoisque ink for me.