PDA

View Full Version : Parker Vacumatic Golden Pearl

usk15
October 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Parker Vacumatic Golden Pearl possibly Junior (12 cm long caped) , in very good condition, with italic (not sure , check pictures) semi-flex nib in 2 tones. The filling system is lock-down filler. It is double striped jeweled, it has triple cap band witch i think is from the first generation. I cannot read the date code...so far i understood 10, 13 or 18...poor me. There is a small hole in the cap near the feather clip, looks like a breath hole. On the clip is say "14K Parker Vacumatic Reg TM" . The imprint on the barrel is clear, but i don't have a strong loupe/magnifier to read. So far i understood is "Made in Canada". The barrel is clear if look into a light source. The lock-down filler was blue from ink when i clear the pen so it might require a new diaphragm.
I fill the pen with Parker Quink Blue ink and is very smooth, probably fine line.

I would like to change for another Vacumatic, but bigger, the biggest one (i don't know the name or size) with fine nib not flex or semiflex, smooth writer, if possible in blue or grey stripes.

fountainpenkid
October 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
It isn't a Junior, as if it was, it would have two cap rings and a smaller monotone nib. The Canadian Vacumatic Slenders like this one sometimes (or maybe all of the time IDK) are seen with black sections...something that was only done on the Junior models in the U.S

usk15
October 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Thank you! Probably is a Slender.

usk15
October 8th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Currently pen on hold...

LE: The pen will go to USA.