PDA

View Full Version : Hello~

dust4tears
February 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I have been a long time looker and decided to join the fun.

I am living in western Colorado. I am retired Navy. I spend my days riding my bike, taking care of my crumb~snatchers,
practicing calligraphy.

I hope to learn from you folks and seek advise on all things pens~

I hope everyone's week started good!

dust4tears

Tracy Lee
February 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hey there, dust4tears! Nice to have you along for the fun.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dust4tears
February 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hey there, dust4tears! Nice to have you along for the fun.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks!

KrazyIvan
February 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Welcome dust4tears! It sounds like you are familiar with the dust storms we have here in the southwest. :D Today is going to be bad. :(

dust4tears
February 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Although I am familiar with the dust storms. (I used to live in South Texas... Corpus...and west Tx, Lubbock) my name has
nuffin' to do with that.

It is a song lyric....can anyone name the band or song? (It is a popular band that has been around forever!)

Rich L
February 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Well, I've been around forever :) and I can't even guess and Google doesn't help.

However, welcome, and if you get out to Centennial, give a shout!

Cheers,
Rich

dust4tears
February 28th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I just might do that Rich. I head to Denver every couple of months for the VA there.
Do you know of any good art store/pen companies in the Park Meadows area? (I know there is a pen co in the mall, but any others)

Usually when we head east, we stay in the PM area so the wifey can shop while I play VA stuff~

Rich L
February 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
There's Paradise pen and Mont Blanc in the PM mall and there are a few arty stores around like Meininger's in Denver. I don't know of any other pen places. There are the wood shop places like Rockler's. I think, but I don't frequent those places much, but I gotta check - I think there's a group grope at a Rocklers first Tuesday in March for wood turners. I might go since I do some ornamental turning.

So, what's the song and band?

Cheers,
Rich

dust4tears
February 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
dust4tears has been my handle for over 15 years. I have never told anyone...and I use that handle for everything.
For the sake of being a team player, I'll say..

It is a lyric in Aerosmith's Hole In My Soul~~

Rich L
February 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Whoa! 1997. I thought you were going 20 years further back with the "forever." Thanks for sharing.

Rich