PDA

View Full Version : Nakaya, Heki-tamenuri, Portable Cigar

Gary Drainville
October 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Thought I would share pictures of my new fountain pen from Nakaya - a birthday present. The Kanji is my birth date. The nib is a 14k gold flexible medium.

Jeph
October 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
That is a beautiful pen. I can't help but want more transitions to get that color to really pop. But, I suspect that in person you probably can detect the color depth better than in a picture.

Gary Drainville
October 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks. The colour is difficult to capture with pictures, there is more of a reddishness to it in the pictures. Looking at it now in my hand it is more brown than red and there is a lot of depth. I would say the Nakaya has a "liquid" look to its finish when compared to my Sailor Realo. I didn't get the clip on my Nakaya because I didn't want to take away from the finish. I was surprised as to how light the pen is, the cap is feather light. This will be my "at home" pen, it just feels so delicate, like porcelain.

Mags
October 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
What a stunningly beautiful pen. Also, happy birthday to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Goldfish
October 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
That's a beautiful pen, love the green. Happy belated birthday with a zero ;-)

earthdawn
October 10th, 2013, 09:13 PM
AWESOME !!!

Love that finish...

Congrats and enjoy it.

I really like the medium soft Nakaya nib

Gary Drainville
October 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM
You got that eh? lol The big 50. Thanks Goldfish!

kaisnowbird
October 11th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Happy birthday! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Looking at the magnificent gift here, I take it was indeed a happy one.

Gary Drainville
October 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks Kai, it really was.

Trees2Pens
November 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
What a great pen and I agree, not an everyday carry pen.

tandaina
November 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Beauty!

They really aren't as delicate as they seem. My Nakaya goes everywhere I go in its little kimono, tucked down in my purse. Everything else pales in comparison to it so i found if I left it at home I"d find myself not writing 'cause I wanted to wait until I could use it... So now it just goes everywhere and gets used for everything and I adore it. :)

drgoretex
November 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Beautiful! Great pics, and a very nice pen.

I also have a Heki-Tamenuri finish Nakaya, though mine a Naka-Ai. Love it.

Ken

elderberry
November 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Beautiful pen! Enjoy it in good health and belated happy birthday! ;)

Gary Drainville
November 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Tandaina - I'm thinking that the next Nakaya I get will have a clip, however, I love the clean look without a clip. They really are a work of art.

Gary Drainville
November 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Beautiful pen! Enjoy it in good health and belated happy birthday! ;)

Thank you!

Gary Drainville
November 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Beautiful! Great pics, and a very nice pen.

I also have a Heki-Tamenuri finish Nakaya, though mine a Naka-Ai. Love it.

Ken

Thank you Ken! And my family and I just moved from Winnipeg - I was posted to 17 Wing for 3 years and we are now back in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where a sailor should really be!

Gary

85AKbN
December 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Beautiful pen.

Gary Drainville
December 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks - and I'm still enjoying it. The nib is so smooth and I love using it.

Gary

JoeFromNashville
December 28th, 2013, 05:20 AM
That's a beautiful pen. I just received a portable writer in solid black for Christmas. I opted for the firm medium, since most of my writing at work is on cheap paper and soft/flex nibs bleed too much. But it's easily the best pen I've ever used.

betweenthelens
December 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM
That is an exquisitely beautiful pen. The presentation is lovely, too. Japanese culture places such a big importance (and rightly so) on packaging and presentation so that the receipt and opening of a gift is a gift in and of itself. Happy belated Birthday!