PDA

View Full Version : Parker 51 Lady ?

Paul-H
October 12th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Hi all

I have been buying up Parker 51 parts from all the usual places and have come across parts listed for a 51 I have never seen mentioned before. The pen in question is a 51 Lady, anyone ever heard of one before, or is it just another name for the Demi.

Thanks

Paul

Jeph
October 12th, 2013, 04:18 AM
This is the most complete Parker information I have seen. It includes the Lady along with pretty much everything else Parker.

Parker Penography (http://www.parkerpens.net/index.shtml)

Paul-H
October 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I have been through that site before and although my eye sight is failing I cannot find any mention of the parker 51 Lady only the Parker Lady which was not a 51, is it there and I just cannot see it for looking.

Paul

Paul-H
October 12th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Ignore that just found it, the 51 Lady was the Demi.

Thanks

Paul

Farmboy
October 12th, 2013, 10:56 PM
What parts are you in need of?

Paul-H
October 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Hi Farmboy

Not looking for anything in particular, just trying to collect a few parts for repairs and restorations and to build up a bit of stock to speed up turnarounds.

Some things are easier to get than others though, Barrels and Hoods and Blind Caps from the Vacumatics are quite easy to get and so are Jewels but they need to be bought in quantity to make buying them worth while but I have that covered now. Nibs, Feeds and collectors can be problematic although at the moment I have a supplier that has them. The trouble I have though is that I am in the UK and 99% of the parts suppliers are in the USA so postage prices can sometimes make the parts prohibitively expensive, I can often buy a complete pen of ebay for the price that some sellers are asking for a Nib for example, but hay thats the joys of fountain pen collecting and restoring.
Mind you the one thing that vary rarely shows up are Caps even Lustraloy which must have been the most numerous very rarely show up and when the do almost always sell for higher than a complete pen. Its a right old catch 22 with caps, I buy a pen that needs a cap, buy a junker to get the cap, then restore the junker and then need a cap, so buy a junker to get the cap and on it goes.

But that,s the fun of it I suppose. I wonder if someone is hoarding 51 caps somewhere, there must be millions of them out there worldwide, they can all be in the hands of collectors, or are they:)

Paul

Penne Stilografiche
October 13th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hi Paul,
Is this man who calls Demi's "lady's" Aerial Kullock? Also, do you happen to have a black Parker 61 shell/ hood with a gold arrow in your pen parts stock pile? If so, are you willing to sell it?

Thanks

Paul-H
October 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hi

Yes he is one of them and sorry no the 61 parts not got any 61 parts yet

Paul