PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan Grün / Green ink review

Pommel
October 13th, 2013, 05:41 AM
To show you the difference with a non water resistant ink, I decided to re-run my test with Pelikan Green ink. It is clear that you should not use this ink for addressing your mail; only a few drops already make the writing virtually unreadable!
Apart from that, it is a nice color that I favor over some other (more blueish) greens. It reminds me of a low saturated version of Penman Emerald.

Large scan is avaliable, please let me know when you want it.

jacksterp
October 13th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Seems a very nice feel good green. The color makes me smile.

Thanks for the review.

titrisol
November 17th, 2021, 04:52 PM
I had forgotten about this ink, but I bought a few cartridges last time I was in Berlin....
It is bright, lively and flows like a champ!

Schaumburg_Swan
November 17th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Hi,

is this 4001 Brilliant Grün or the Dunkelgrün (dark green)?

Greetings
Jens

Chrissy
November 17th, 2021, 11:23 PM
This ink looks like 4001 Brilliant Green. The original reviewer might not answer as this review is 8 years old and he hasn't posted since 2015.

rafapa
November 18th, 2021, 04:59 AM
I believe that Dark Green was released around 2016.

titrisol
November 19th, 2021, 05:38 AM
4001 brilliant green
sold just as 4001 Verde in LatAmerica

BoBo Olson
November 19th, 2021, 08:41 AM
That dull non-shading green 4001 ink replaced a lively green-green 'brilliant green' ink.
Many wished a dull darker green ink....and for once in history Pelikan listened....and IMO discontinued a superior ink.
R&K Verdura is @ E-8.50-90 for 50 ml......................MB Irish is no a total rip off at E-23....I paid E-14? I know I paid E-13 for Toffee.
I had bought other MB shoe inks.....and tiny little square LE inks....then they jumped the price to E-23 for the shoe and close to E-30 for the tiny little LE inks.

I had been dithering about buying an expensive paper, so spend some three years dithering, scribbling various inks on the sample sheets.
R&K Verdura finished a nose in front of MB, and a neck in front of Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Green ink....all three good lively green-green shading inks.

What do I think about the new dull non shading 4001 dull dark green ink?.....Well I don't need the empty ink bottle, so will wait to pour it down the sink.
No, some day I'll be selling opened bottles of ink.

I have 19 bottles of green-greenish inks, so like green inks, but I was so disappointed that dull new 4001 ink, don't even shade.
I've 1/3 of a bottle of the original 4001 green ink left. I've been filling my '50-60 medium large 146 with it. Maxi-semi-flex OB is the wrong nib for it; too wet to show shading; but I'd been using that ink up with many other pens lately, many regular flex so showing the shading.

Luckily there still is the R&K Verdura, a great affordable lively shading green-green ink.

titrisol
November 19th, 2021, 10:10 AM
That dull non-shading green 4001 ink replaced a lively green-green 'brilliant green' ink.
Many wished a dull darker green ink....and for once in history Pelikan listened....and IMO discontinued a superior ink.
R&K Verdura is @ E-8.50-90 for 50 ml......................MB Irish is no a total rip off at E-23....I paid E-14? I know I paid E-13 for Toffee.
I had bought other MB shoe inks.....and tiny little square LE inks....then they jumped the price to E-23 for the shoe and close to E-30 for the tiny little LE inks.

I had been dithering about buying an expensive paper, so spend some three years dithering, scribbling various inks on the sample sheets.
R&K Verdura finished a nose in front of MB, and a neck in front of Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Green ink....all three good lively green-green shading inks.

What do I think about the new dull non shading 4001 dull dark green ink?.....Well I don't need the empty ink bottle, so will wait to pour it down the sink.
No, some day I'll be selling opened bottles of ink.

I have 19 bottles of green-greenish inks, so like green inks, but I was so disappointed that dull new 4001 ink, don't even shade.
I've 1/3 of a bottle of the original 4001 green ink left. I've been filling my '50-60 medium large 146 with it. Maxi-semi-flex OB is the wrong nib for it; too wet to show shading; but I'd been using that ink up with many other pens lately, many regular flex so showing the shading.

Luckily there still is the R&K Verdura, a great affordable lively shading green-green ink.

Oh man! Brillinat green was fun.
I haven't bought this one as I'm not interested in greens anymore