PDA

View Full Version : Strathmore Tan and Grey notebooks

heath
October 15th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these? My local specialty supply store just got them in and they seem decently priced for what they are.

dr.grace
October 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
So are they fountain pen-friendly?

heath
October 16th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, that is the question. They are textured slightly but quite thick pages. They are $12.25 and $9.95 locally so not a huge chunk but I thought I'd see if anyone else had used them first.

KrazyIvan
October 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Interesting if they turn out to be fountain pen friendly.

cwent2
October 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I have had good luck with Strathmore paper - have not used these pads .....

bitterwonder
December 26th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Have used the Strathmore toned paper, gray and tan, for drawing with my fountain pens. It is amazingly tough and resilient for that price point.
In my opinion it takes fountain pen beautifully. I use Platinum music nib, old waterman pens, sailor zoom, a great variety of nibs. Generally use black ( aurora, platinum, namiki, ) and last semester, Noodlers te Kung Chen.

heath
December 27th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Have used the Strathmore toned paper, gray and tan, for drawing with my fountain pens. It is amazingly tough and resilient for that price point.
In my opinion it takes fountain pen beautifully. I use Platinum music nib, old waterman pens, sailor zoom, a great variety of nibs. Generally use black ( aurora, platinum, namiki, ) and last semester, Noodlers te Kung Chen.

Thanks, I may give them more of a look.