PDA

View Full Version : Chip off the Old Block Dept

John the Monkey
March 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
With the spring, I'm back to fairly early starts to the day.

As I staggered into the lounge this morning at 5am, I found the following note left for me by my daughter last night:

"Dad

I have finished the Lamy Blue in my Safari.

I washed out the pen, and the cartridge.

Please can you fill it with Amazing Amethyst."

This is a young lady who needs a convertor :)

KrazyIvan
March 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Haha! I know the feeling all too well. My oldest loves purple. I bought her a bunch of samples from the Goulet's and she picked Pelikan Violet as her favorite. Just ordered a bottle. I just have to get her to wash the pens out, you are ahead of me in that respect. :o

manoeuver
March 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
What a sweetheart. my 2-year-old will sit and 'do paper' with me while I write in one of my pads. She has her own pads and currently prefers stickers. Today she went to her first pen show, and was the youngest there by an order of magnitude.

John the Monkey
March 5th, 2012, 01:46 AM
If anyone's interested, she got fed up of waiting for me, and used some Lamy purple instead :) Nice colour too...

Manoeuver - one of the things I found interesting with both of my children was the way they felt completely unconstrained by the page, at least for a little while. I can remember both of them doing fantastically inventive things by layering cutouts, and windows in the pages of their drawing pads. It's great to watch their creativity bloom!

Krazyivan - now that I know I have a local B&M that stocks Pelikan ink, I might pick up some violet, thanks for the tip.