PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Pens - Fantastic Writers

Tyler Dahl
October 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Hey guys! I've got some more goodies up for you all. :)

A lot of people have been requesting this, so without further ado, here it is.

If you're looking for a cheap buy, that writes great, you've come to the right place! For the longest time, I've been wanting wanting to make superb writers, custom nibs, and specialty nibs, much more accessible to the average pen user.

Up for grabs on my website now is a collection of inexpensive fountain pens, each with a custom ground nib. I randomly select a pen, and randomly choose a grind, then post it up for sale there. I plan on doing this pretty regularly, so shop around, and see if there's a pen for you!

These pens are guaranteed to be fantastic writers straight out of the box. You're going to love them. :thumb:

I've priced these pens very competitively to other low tier pens (such as the TWSBI 580). For a guaranteed-to-work pen with a custom ground nib, you're getting quite the steal!

Check it out guys, and let me know what you think.

http://tylerdahlpens.com/images/cheappens_greatnibs_poster.jpg (http://tylerdahlpens.com/newsales.html)

Paul-H
October 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
The only trouble is that most of the Jinhao pens I have bought are fantastic writers out of the box anyway and cost under $10 delivered.

But good luck in your new venture though.

Paul

KrazyIvan
October 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
The cost is coming from the nib grinds. Tyler does good nib modifications. A happy customer here.

manoeuver
October 18th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Tyler, that is a fine idea. Best of luck and you'll probably get some of my money soon.

kaisnowbird
October 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I love this idea. Thanks Tyler.
It would be even more enticing if your pictures could include a writing sample to show the amount of line variation. :thumb:

AtomicLeo
October 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Is it possible you could also add announcements to either here or Facebook. I don't follow Twitter, but I"m interested in your pens!

Tyler Dahl
October 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Is it possible you could also add announcements to either here or Facebook. I don't follow Twitter, but I"m interested in your pens!

I will definitely see about posting them on Facebook and here on the forums. Great idea!

jacksterp
October 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Those went fast.

Congrats!

Tyler Dahl
October 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Those went fast.

Congrats!

They sure did! I was actually rather surprised!

I've got about a dozen more on their way to me for grinding. Should be ready in just a week or two I hope.

Saintpaulia
October 19th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Paul how much have you actually used your Jinhaos on a daily basis, day in and day out?
I ask because I too once thought my Chi-pens were good enough, but the more I wrote with them the more I began to find major issues, like flow. Breck