PDA

View Full Version : The Letters Page

writingrav
October 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, but for those of us involved with seriously writing letters I thought this would interest others. I stumbled across it today. It is a literary journal out of the UK whose general theme is the literature of letters. My description doesn't do it justice. Have a look:
http://www.theletterspage.ac.uk/letterspage/documents/letters-page-latest-issue.pdf

cedargirl
October 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
What a great idea. Thanks for posting writingrav.

writingrav
October 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
What a great idea. Thanks for posting writingrav.

My pleasure, cedar girl.

caribbean_skye
October 20th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Oooh the editor has said a few things that are certainly for another thread re: letter writing shouldn't be a chore. Thanks for sharing this.

Tracy Lee
October 21st, 2013, 05:06 AM
I really enjoyed this, thanks for posting!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

cedargirl
October 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Oooh the editor has said a few things that are certainly for another thread re: letter writing shouldn't be a chore. Thanks for sharing this.

I liked the Eireann Lorsung quote: "A letter is not a system of debt."

heath
October 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Bogon07
October 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM

But it sure feels like it when you get behind in your replies.

cedargirl
October 23rd, 2013, 12:22 AM

But it sure feels like it when you get behind in your replies.

That's the point isn't it. Don't let it get you down. Write when you have something to say and don't worry in between.
[Can you tell, I'm working hard on not feeling guilty?!]

writingrav
May 14th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I/m bumping this as the third issue of The Letter Page just came out and some folks may have missed the debut last year. It is a literary journal devoted to letters as literature. Interesting stuff. http://www.theletterspage.ac.uk/letterspage/documents/letters-page-latest-issue.pdf