PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Pen Show...

manoeuver
March 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Had a nice time at the Bmore pen show today- had to rush around a bit but it was a ball. My 2-year-old daughter had fun too. My wife is very tolerant. She sees my fp habit as far less destructive than a penchant for street fighting or needle drugs.

Highlight was Susan Wirth's tables with dozens of pens inked for people to try. Fella named Ian was helping her man her tables, I chatted with him while trying some of the flex pens and italics. He was knowledgeable and helpful. I also took in her seminar on finding the right nib- she is very cool and gave me some useful feedback on my handwriting.

I picked up some Waterman Havana Brown based on what I read here. Also picked up a TWISBI 540 right before I left the show. the clear one. it's nice- I ordered the 1.1mm stub after I got home.

One thing I noticed- the Vanishing Point is really popular. I saw a ton of people using them. also: when I want to feel young Imma go to another pen show.

Lots of nice people at the show, vendors and attendees.

Jon Szanto
March 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Susan W. was one of the most fun aspects of my three days at the recent LA show. Had a great private chat with her, and also bought one of her pens (a nice Waterman/Crane's with italic nib). Always seems to have good helpers, and her seminar was a blast. The podcast here on the site is a lot of fun, too!

dannzeman
March 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
manoeuver, sounds like you had a great time. Wish we could have been there. Susan I always entertaining and I totally know what mean abouthe average age of pen show attendees.

Sent from my iPhone

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
sounds like a great show! i can't wait to meet richard and susan at the long island pen show