PDA

View Full Version : Real Monteverde?

VertOlive
October 22nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Not being experienced at ebay pen purchases, I want to ask here:

I'm looking at a pen on eBay that says it is a "Monteverde Invincia Leather Green Leather & Chrome Fountain Pen".

How do I tell if this is a discontinued model or a knock-off?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monteverde-Invincia-Leather-Green-Leather-Chrome-Fountain-Pen-New-/350712649877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a81a5895

Many thanks!

VO

Thank you!!!

mmahany
October 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Monteverde is an entry level brand. It would make zero sense for a counterfeiter to replicate one of their pens.

I'm willing to bet you the cost of the pen that it is not a replica. There simply isn't money to be made by counterfeiting a $40 pen.

KrazyIvan
October 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Speerbob is a trusted seller. I have purchased from him on several occasions. You can rest assured his stuff is real. He is also active on FPN under the same screen name.

Alberto.Perez@gmail.com
October 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
At that price, with that pen, i would take a risk. It is a very interesting design at a good entry level price.

jar
October 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Not being experienced at ebay pen purchases, I want to ask here:

I'm looking at a pen on eBay that says it is a "Monteverde Invincia Leather Green Leather & Chrome Fountain Pen".

How do I tell if this is a discontinued model or a knock-off?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monteverde-Invincia-Leather-Green-Leather-Chrome-Fountain-Pen-New-/350712649877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a81a5895

Many thanks!

VO

Thank you!!!

You buy the seller. In this case the seller is a very well known and reliable seller.

VertOlive
October 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Well, I just got a great Hero 715 from Speerbob last night and I love it so I checked his ebay store and found this. The brilliant reply that such an inexpensive pen would be a dubious target for a knockoff made sense. But since I do have to watch the budget, I'm glad for everyone's input.

VO

VertOlive
October 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Spoke with Bob--this is a special order that never got picked up which he then bought. [They also come in lavendar-yikes!] It's the real thing and he even gave me a direct order price better than the ebay one. I went for it. I DO love green!

VO

VertOlive
October 30th, 2013, 09:04 PM
This pen got to me much quicker than I'm posting about it, and it's a second happy purchase from Speerbob.

I'm very taken with it's looks, but so far have only dipped it to try it. I am sort of afraid to use it and possibly get ink on the leather! [I can't even eat toast for breakfast without leaving the house with a jelly stain somewhere....]

VO