PDA

View Full Version : My first italians..

ilangai
October 23rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
..and hope for more.

So, i've been collecting mainly Pelikans.. But i am not A Pelikan collector, i just use them the most.

In the last two months something "different" happened to me..

First, i won an ebay auction for a Delta Parthenope in Tortoiseshell.

Second, i visited for the first time at Fahrney's in Washington DC.. and got the amazingly 'not so expensive' Visconti Rembrandt.

And i can summon this in three words.. I've fallen in love.

The Delta Parthenope was a disaster. I got it in an horrible condition, dirty, goo, tines too far away from each other.. but i made it work, and it is an amazing pen.
With the Visconti Rembrandt i had a different issue.. i bought the Calligraphy set, and what i discovered is that Visconti had stopped issuing this set with a Medium (metal section) nib.. so i had to replace it for a standard one.. a work of art.

With all the negative vibes i had purchasing these pens, i got to know how great they are.

Bogon07
October 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Wow your Delta has a nice tortoise shell pattern. I like their clips too.

Is your Rembrandt black or dark blue ?
I had a similar problem with the Rembrandt Calligraphy set; it only came with the stub/italic & EF English 'flex' nibs in black plastic sections. The pen was in a small cellophane bag with just the cap and barrel so it looked like Visconti has forgot to pack the steel M nib. I bought it via an Amazon seller who sent me a chrome section with an M nib after I pointed out that their photo included all three nibs. They explained that Amazon used a stock photo but there were really several versions of the calligraphy set around.

The steel M nib turned out to be a super smooth writer too.

The great thing about the Rembrandt is the magnetic cap once you get used to it.

ilangai
October 23rd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Wow your Delta has a nice tortoise shell pattern. I like their clips too.

Is your Rembrandt black or dark blue ?
I had a similar problem with the Rembrandt Calligraphy set; it only came with the stub/italic & EF English 'flex' nibs in black plastic sections. The pen was in a small cellophane bag with just the cap and barrel so it looked like Visconti has forgot to pack the steel M nib. I bought it via an Amazon seller who sent me a chrome section with an M nib after I pointed out that their photo included all three nibs. They explained that Amazon used a stock photo but there were really several versions of the calligraphy set around.

The steel M nib turned out to be a super smooth writer too.

The great thing about the Rembrandt is the magnetic cap once you get used to it.

The color of the Rembrandt is dark blue with very thin light blue vains..

About the Calligraphy set, what they told me at Fahrney's is that the set with the M metal section was the old set and Visconti didn't changed the content of the new set inside the booklet that came with it..
Opening the pen for the first time and discovering it was empty (only barrel and cap) was a shock, but after buying the standard one and writing with it's smooth M steel nib.. I will never look back.

Bogon07
October 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Opening the pen for the first time and discovering it was empty (only barrel and cap) was a shock,

Exactly - it sure put a damper on the excitement of opening the box.
So glad to heard you're happy with the pen and M nib.
How do you find the other nibs.

Mr SBRE Brown has a comprehensive review of a special edition Dutch (?) orange calligraphy set in his YouTube series.

ilangai
October 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=ilangai;49430]
How do you find the other nibs.

Mr SBRE Brown has a comprehensive review of a special edition Dutch (?) orange calligraphy set in his YouTube series.

I haven't bought the Calligraphy set eventually.. only the standard edition, so i haven't got any other nibs to compare :)

The main reason i've wanted to buy the Calligraphy set was because of SBRE Brown's video..

da vinci
October 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Thats a lovely Delta you have there ilangai. What sort of nib does it have?

I have some tortoise Pelikans including the latest m800. Are you able to compare the Delta with that pen?

ilangai
October 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM

I have some tortoise Pelikans including the latest m800. Are you able to compare the Delta with that pen?

The Delta has a Medium 18k gold nib, looks large for the overall proportion of the pen.. and it really is a gusher.

The main difference i've noticed between the Delta and a Pelikan M800 is that the Delta 18k nib feels a bit stiffer than the M800 18k nib.. Still, it is a smooth write.

Other comparisons to the Pelikan M series are.. the size of the pen capped is like an M600 and the thickness of the barrel is like an M1000..

Tracy Lee
October 26th, 2013, 07:10 AM

The Delta has a Medium 18k gold nib, looks large for the overall proportion of the pen.. and it really is a gusher.

The main difference i've noticed between the Delta and a Pelikan M800 is that the Delta 18k nib feels a bit stiffer than the M800 18k nib.. Still, it is a smooth write.

Other comparisons to the Pelikan M series are.. the size of the pen capped is like an M600 and the thickness of the barrel is like an M1000..

Love the oversized nib on the Delta, and my Dolce Vita is a wonderful gusher like that too. It really made me fall in love with Delta to begin with. Very easy to clean, and use as an eyedropper the best thing ever. Not even sure I know where my converter is anymore!! :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

ilangai
October 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Love the oversized nib on the Delta, and my Dolce Vita is a wonderful gusher like that too. It really made me fall in love with Delta to begin with. Very easy to clean, and use as an eyedropper the best thing ever. Not even sure I know where my converter is anymore!! :-)

If the Tortoiseshell Flake Acrylic wouldn't have been transparent, i would have thought on making this an eyedropper.. But i would be crashed if it loose the original colour. That picture really doesn't do justice with it :)

earthdawn
October 27th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Beautiful Delta!

I have a fine nib on my Dolce Vita and it is a nail as well