PDA

View Full Version : The Pen May Be Mightier than the Sword, But dogs beat them both!

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I was enjoying the GREAT fpgeeks radio podcast last night when disaster struck! I got up to check on my dogs (we have 5 little maltese poodles :o), and on our table I found my homework torn to shreds, and then...I looked down. Eheu! My m400 lay on the floor...CHEWED:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused: Yes, you heard me, the piston know looking like a miniature piece of modern art (not a good thing). 249

I will contact Chartpak to see if i could buy a new piston mechanism from pelikan (unlikely, bit its worth a try!)

Sorry for the graphic images everyone:p

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
has anyone ever bought parts before from chatpack?

KrazyIvan
March 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Oh man! :( Da horror! Hope you can get it fixed but I really thing a new pen is going to cost less than getting that one fixed. I am no pen repairer so I might be completely wrong.

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I will try my best to get it repaired

Will

Edit: the guy said the pen has already sold :(

Tracy Lee
March 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Oh, my eyes, my eyes!! Deep breaths here. . . And yes, a gentle burial is likely the outcome here. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

fountainpenkid
March 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
The piston mechanism CAN be removed, and then the pen is fine! The outcome depends on whether pelikan will sell me a new piston mechanism...... if i were them, I would, because they could make a ridiculous profit (percentage wise) off of making me spend $20-$30 for a little bit of plastic..... IF they do not sell me a new mechanism, then I'll save up for a new barrel from printhardcopy on ebay....

Freddy
March 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
And is that sweet little dog still among the living after the assassination of a completely innocent pen? :rolleyes: All kidding aside, it looks as if that has become a very hard lesson learned. :(

Struthious
March 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
We call it "adding value" when a pet leaves its mark on something.

dannzeman
March 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Oh my... I don't even know what to say. I'm sorry, man. I hope things work out for you.

fountainpenkid
March 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
WEll, the heavans have opened!!!!!

Pelikan will repair the pen for free! (maybe not free, but that's what she implied) :

QUOTE "Hi, its okay, dogs, cleaning gone by its covered, you may not know this but Pelikan pens a favorite chew toy of dogs, so not your fault!

Repair draft attached.

Nancy"

Thanks for the sympathies,

will

Shashinjitsu
March 9th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Great response from Pelikan! It's good to see them appreciating their customers instead of trying to wring every coin from them.

AndyLa
March 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Wow. Thats is very impressive customer service. My little terror got a hold of my lamy safari and hid under the couch. Caught him before he could ruin the functionality. Didn't bother me much because i dont care much for safaris. Gave it to my other half haha

fountainpenkid
March 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I have to hand it to pelikan (or maybe more specifically-chartpack) for the way they handled this one! I though they would give some ridiculous price and my graduation pen would be trash. But they really seem to feel for the user!

will

Maja
March 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
FPkid---please let us know if there is any charge for your Pelikan M400 repair sent to Chartpak. I've heard of their excellent customer service and would love to know the outcome of your mishap. :)

fountainpenkid
March 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
update:

QUOTE ABI at Chartpack repair: "Either you chewed up this pen or you have a very naughty dog?!

If it was a dog or another animal, please send us a photo for our "wall of
shame" board.

Please note that we have other items here waiting for repair, so turn around
time could be four to eight weeks time:

The turn around time is ESTIMATED at UP TO EIGHT weeks after arrival here:
spare part needed may be out of stock, and/or I have over 100 items here now
waiting for repair."

Great! My maltese poodles are now going to be the infamous FP killers!

dannzeman
March 12th, 2012, 09:37 PM
It's good to hear things are looking good. It's too bad you have to be without your pen for so long, though.