PDA

View Full Version : October Has Come and Just About Gone

writingrav
October 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
And still no FPTV. Is the podcast dead? Has Eric abandoned the hobby? Sure do miss his wit,

kaisnowbird
October 28th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Me too! :cry:

heath
October 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I have a feeling dropping a co-founder (at least from active participation) and having a child are probably adding to the delay. I love FPTV but understand. I do think though that for the sake of people that haven't been following everything a hard date or an announcement about an indefinite hiatus of FPTV would probably be nice.

If it just comes down to show planning and prep though I'd be willing to help some.

Thanks Dan for keeping the site going with everything going on.

axolotl66
November 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I miss FP Radio too, I am listening to the Pen Addict podcast and it's just not the same!

kaisnowbird
November 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I rely on Andersons' podcast to sustain me. Though the style is pretty different, it keeps withdraw syndrome at bay. :alcoholic:

vishae
November 12th, 2013, 07:32 AM
It's worse for me. I only found out about FP Geeks Television after they've gone on holidays. In that time I have watched every single FP Geeks TV on youtube and on FPGeeks.com.

As of today, I have finished the last episode (FPTV 80)... oh the humanity!

Lane
November 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I was just catching up on old podcast episodes (after a long period of being too busy at work) and realized that the most recent episode is from July! So sorry to see this podcast on hiatus. I've been a terribly inconsistent listener and member of this forum, so I feel badly about not noticing until now.

I thought the combination of Stephen, Dan and Azizah was great. I am surprised content was the issue as I thought the last show, episode 80, was very well organized with entertaining segments. I am sorry to see the podcast fall by the wayside, but wish them the best and hope for a quick return to the airwaves.

If content is the issue, perhaps a shorter (half-hour?) format would make things easier or even less regular shows? I will be listening to archived episodes for the time being...

writingrav
December 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Besides the disappearance of FPTV, I've noted that just about everyone but Dan has disappeared. Not only Eric, but now Azzizah to has not been heard from in a long time. Stephen is still doing his thing, of course, but fewer inkcylopedias. Poor Dan seems to be sustaining the whole project on his shoulders, or am I wrong. With such an active Forum could some of us somehow be of some assistance? Dan?

dannzeman
December 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Besides the disappearance of FPTV, I've noted that just about everyone but Dan has disappeared. Not only Eric, but now Azzizah to has not been heard from in a long time. Stephen is still doing his thing, of course, but fewer inkcylopedias. Poor Dan seems to be sustaining the whole project on his shoulders, or am I wrong. With such an active Forum could some of us somehow be of some assistance? Dan?

I appreciate the concern and the offer to help. I apologize for my lack of communication regarding the situation. I'll most likely make a more public announcement after the new year when I do the last quarterly review of 2013. But I'll make one here now for the community.

The first thing I want to say is that we're all still in good favor with each other. No splits or bad blood or anything like that. Eric is still in Mexico with no estimated date of return. Azizah is taking care of a few things and we came to the agreement that her taking a break from FPG for a while would be best. Stephen is becoming more and more occupied with his research as the due date for his doctorate nears.

I've mostly been responsible for all the content hitting the blog while taking care of any technical issues with the blog and forum. Tim Hoffman has been helping with news and reviews and will continue to do so on a limited basis in the future. We may be posting some positions after the new year for help in creating original content.

As far as my situation goes, most of you are probably aware that I have a little girl. In fact, she just turned 9 months old on the 21st of this month. I find myself wanting to spend more and more time with her and less time doing other things, including operating the blog. It's also probably time I mention that I've been laid off since August, staying at home with my daughter (saves a bunch over day care), and looking for a new job. All of which combined require more time than when I was working full time and doesn't make for the most productive environment, but I'm trying to get as much done as possible.

writingrav
December 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for sharing Dan. Really, if there is anything some of us could do to help don't hesitate to ask.

kaisnowbird
December 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks for sharing Dan. Really, if there is anything some of us could do to help don't hesitate to ask.

+1 from me.

Merry Christmas Dan. And best of luck for your job hunting in the new year!

Sailor Kenshin
December 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM

+1 from me.

Amen!

neillmot
December 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM

+1 from me.

Amen!

+2!

dannzeman
December 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM

+1 from me.

Amen!

+2!
Thanks, everyone!

chad.trent
December 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'll echo what others have said. I've been in the business of marketing and web design/development for close to two decades. I also know my way around vbulletin and phpforum. If you ever find yourself shorthanded and could use help in that department, let me know.

I have a 15 month old son at home and just recently switched jobs, so I know exactly how you feel right now.

Maybe we should gather some FPG members together and do an "all guest star" version of the podcast...

Inginkpen
April 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Eric, Dan, Stephen and Azizah, thank you for bringing the fountain pen and ink collecting hobby to life for me and many in our community. I look forward to a return to a more conversational venue where people can have a great time sharing information about pens, ink and friendship.

k3eax
April 28th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm new to the group and have enjoyed the archived FPG TV and would welcome its resumption. Will this ever happen? And, why did it cease?

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2014, 05:50 PM
At this point I highly doubt it but you never know. Eric might come back from Mexico.

dannzeman
April 28th, 2014, 07:52 PM
I'm new to the group and have enjoyed the archived FPG TV and would welcome its resumption. Will this ever happen? And, why did it cease?
I merged your thread with this one since it about covers everything.