PDA

View Full Version : How to sell an Imperial on the eVil Bay

Paul-H
October 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
How to sell an Imperial on the eVil Bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390683039495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Just call it a PFM and get 4 times its actual value.

Even though it does correct the miss identification in the questions asked section he is still getting bids on this thing.

And I wonder if eBay would do anything when the eventual buyer complains that they didn't get a PFM.

Paul

spotted and speckled
October 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Erfobay is not known for being a swindler by any means. Looks like a touchdown Legacy to me, so price might be a bit high but not outrageous.

kaisnowbird
October 28th, 2013, 04:34 AM
$230+ for this pen, in such a mediocre condition... Some bidders are too enthusiastic.

Jon Szanto
October 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
A fool and his money are easily parted.

Paul-H
October 28th, 2013, 12:07 PM
The seller might not be known as a swindler but he knew he had the wrong ID on the pen as down the bottom in the questions section someone had told him, but he still stuck with his original wrong ID and I bet was more than happy with the amount he got for it. And some unsuspecting buyer will be left wondering where the "Snorkel" is on his new pen.

Paul

david i
October 31st, 2013, 02:09 PM
The collecting of old pens... well, of old anything... well, of anything... has a learning curve. And, many enjoy hunting for "bargains". So, this stuff happens. Of course once one learns a great deal one can do at times better than buying from a retailer. But, one also... can do worse... ;)

regards

david

terim
November 15th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Yes, it's hard to believe that any halfway knowledgeable pen dealer would mistake an Imperial VI (?) for a PFM, however it should be noted that you cannot change the original description once a bid has been placed or the end of the auction is near, you can only add to it.

Teri

jar
November 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Yes, it's hard to believe that any halfway knowledgeable pen dealer would mistake an Imperial VI (?) for a PFM, however it should be noted that you cannot change the original description once a bid has been placed or the end of the auction is near, you can only add to it.

Teri

But it is not the Imperial but rather a Legacy which is the same size and shape as a PFM.