PDA

View Full Version : Using iTrader to leave feedback after transactions

dannzeman
October 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM
This little intro to iTrader is long overdue. Recent events have sparked some interest in the feature so here it is.

iTrader is an ebay-like feedback system.

In the Classifieds forum under a user's avatar you'll see "Feedback Score: (XX%)". (underlined in pink in the image below)

This can be set to display in all forums and if the community feels it beneficial, then I'll make the change. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

To leave feedback for someone, the easiest way is to go to the post listing and at the bottom of the first post on the left side click "Rate Seller":

That action will bring up the following screen where you can fill in the details and leave your feedback:

To view all your feedback, what's been left for you and what you've left for others, click on "My Profile" in the upper right corner of any page. Then, click on the "Feedback Score" tab, which will display the following info:

Clicking "View complete feedbacks for user" will show the following:

If you have any questions about iTrader please let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Laura N
October 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
When I listed some inks in the Classifieds, I marked the items "sold" which closed the thread. Does the iTrader work in that context? In other words, can people leave feedback once a Classifieds thread is closed after a sale?

dannzeman
October 27th, 2013, 07:15 PM
When I listed some inks in the Classifieds, I marked the items "sold" which closed the thread. Does the iTrader work in that context? In other words, can people leave feedback once a Classifieds thread is closed after a sale?

That shouldn't be a problem. But if you experience otherwise, please let me know.

ardgedee
October 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM

What I've done in the past is copy the thread's URL from the address bar and paste it into the Deal thread URL​ field. That works.

krazyklod
October 28th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I really like this Dan. It looks like it all clicks together and would be really helpful without being too complicated.

KrazyIvan
October 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Since I have been here, I have left feedback for others. The system only works if everyone leaves feedback on their transaction experience.

cedargirl
October 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Yes, like KrazyIvan, I have left feedback before - it needs a reasonable sample size to be effective.

Let's hope everyone uses it.

Thanks Dan - it's a great feature. Probably be no need to show it anywhere except in the For Sale forum, but maybe others will think otherwise.

jevvv
October 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM
It looks liike a sensible way to do it :)

Poeticnook
October 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Great feature, I went back to my inbox to leave ratings from my previous deals but it stopped me from giving feedback after 5 ratings, it said I can't leave any more feedback for the day, so is there a limit to how many feedbacks you can leave per day?

Laura N
October 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Inspired by Poeticnook, I left feedback, too. I was a little stumped by having to leave two different messages, one public and one private. Could the private message just be optional?

dannzeman
October 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Inspired by Poeticnook, I left feedback, too. I was a little stumped by having to leave two different messages, one public and one private. Could the private message just be optional?

Where is it asking you to leave public and private messages? Can you post a screen shot?

Laura N
October 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Ooh, probably not. :) Very low-tech here. But I can explain it:

I did the Feedback through the member profile of the buyer. I went to the member's profile, then clicked on the Feedback Score tab, then clicked on "Leave Feedback for XXXX." If you click that, you go to a new page that requires you to enter the selling thread's URL, then make "Additional Comments," of which the first is "A short comment visible to all" and the second is "Additional comments" visible only to the administrators and the parties. I tried to leave that last one blank, and it wouldn't let me.

Goldfish
October 30th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hope this screenshot works....

antirealist
October 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
I had the same issue. It seems that the Additional Comments box can't be empty.

dannzeman
October 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I changed the setting for the additional comments box to be optional. Please let me know if you're still having trouble.

dannzeman
October 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Great feature, I went back to my inbox to leave ratings from my previous deals but it stopped me from giving feedback after 5 ratings, it said I can't leave any more feedback for the day, so is there a limit to how many feedbacks you can leave per day?
Yes, there's a limit. It's intended to help prevent people from abusing the system.

dannzeman
August 9th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Just wanted to bump this post as a reminder to users to please leave feedback for completed transactions.

Chrissy
August 15th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Thanks. I will do that and I think it's a great idea to have it.

alc3261
August 17th, 2015, 04:34 AM
You can only rate the seller once in 24hrs even if you bought more than 1 pen?

dannzeman
August 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM
You can only rate the seller once in 24hrs even if you bought more than 1 pen?

Not sure. I haven't tried to do that.

jmccarty3
October 27th, 2017, 03:15 PM
I tried to leave feedback, but the original thread field didn't autopopulate, and when I tried to copy and paste it, I got a message saying the URL was invalid.

penwash
October 27th, 2017, 04:34 PM
I tried to leave feedback, but the original thread field didn't autopopulate, and when I tried to copy and paste it, I got a message saying the URL was invalid.

Someone just posted about this not too long ago.
I think you have to strip the 's' from the https on the For Sale thread URL, then the feedback module would take it.

Or my memory failed me and you're supposed to add the 's' to the http on the URL.

Try both, one of these works.

Robert
October 27th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Strip the "s" - It works.

Chrissy
October 27th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Strip the "s" - It works.
This works. :)

It applies for lot's of similar URL pastes, including eBay. For example, if you have ASQ'd the seller, and you try to see the item from the link in the reply, you have to remove the 's' because until you do the link is locked as secure.

jmccarty3
October 28th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I tried removing the "s" before and got the same result, but just now tried again and it worked. I also added something in the private comment field--maybe that is necessary. Thanks for everyones' help.

Tiggercat
February 22nd, 2018, 02:46 PM
Bumping this topic, as I found it by trial and error. As the last few remarks have stated, remove the "s" if the link is "https". I use Chrome and force everything to https, but the forum software doesn't recognize that.

RayCornett
November 8th, 2018, 10:57 AM
It takes me to a stock trade site.

Chrissy
November 9th, 2018, 12:24 AM
I posted a thread about this not long ago when my trading partner and I couldn't remember how to do it.

Leaving Feedback for Trading Partners Made Easy (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/25408-Leaving-Feedback-for-Trading-Partners-Made-Easy?highlight=feedback)