PDA

View Full Version : Quick Handwritten Ink Review: Sheaffer Skrip Red

heath
October 31st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Close Ups here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/quick-handwritten-ink-review-sheaffer-skrip-red/

ac12
October 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Yup it is a nice clean red. It does not look orange or brown.
I use it in a Fine nib Parker 45. It is strong enough to handle a narrow F nib, whereas some of my other inks look washed out when used in a similar nib.
Wait till Christmas and do a letter/card with it (Skrip red) and a nice green ink (like Waterman). :)

I need to look for a darker red to complement the Skrip, when the brighter Skrip red is not appropriate.

heath
October 31st, 2013, 03:10 PM
I need to look for a darker red to complement the Skrip, when the brighter Skrip red is not appropriate.

It might not be quite what you are looking for but my go to "dark red" is Diamine's Oxblood.

cwent2
October 31st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Red Dragon - Dimine

ac12
November 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
An update to my comment on the color of the Scrip red.
It seems that when this ink dries, it dries to a darker red.
All this time, I had been looking at it soon after writing. Today I left the notebook open after I stopped writing, then when I went back to it, I noticed the red that I had written earlier was darker than the red as I was writing. So I went back to see what my older writing looked like, and it was the same. The older dry ink was darker than the new just written ink.
So I got my darker red.

Not really a DARK red but not as bright as when freshly written.

I think I will try Red Dragon also.

VertOlive
November 15th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Red Dragon is my favorite red so far, just brilliant!