PDA

View Full Version : How long is typical for Pilot to contact you about repairs?

etoyoc
November 1st, 2013, 09:55 PM
I finally sent my Vanishing Point in to Pilot for repairs. The pen hadn't worked properly since I bought the pen and I have been swamped and didn't get around to that for a year. Tracking shows that it arrived in Florida a week ago. How much time does it tend to take before Pilot gets back with you to let you know if the pen repair is covered under warranty or if you need to pay for part of the repair cost? I mailed it two weeks ago and suddenly I can't recall if I actually put my contact information in with the letter I sent along with the pen. Surely I did; however, the inner voice is despairing that I did not.

Tracy Lee
November 2nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
You may want to give them a call and follow-up. I don't have experience with pilot, but other companies have been super helpful when I have called with questions or to followup on pens sent in for repair. On the off chance you didn't put your information in there, they are likely waiting for a call and you don't want your pen set aside to be lost and forgotten.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

etoyoc
November 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I actually left a message with them before I posted. I did receive a response today that it is currently 3-4 weeks for turn-a-round time. Yes, they had my information already.

Tracy Lee
November 4th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I actually left a message with them before I posted. I did receive a response today that it is currently 3-4 weeks for turn-a-round time. Yes, they had my information already.

I'm so glad, I actually had a lump in my stomach thinking your pen might get lost in the machine of it all. So glad they gave you a time frame. Long, but I am at about that for three I sent for nib swaps, and longer for one that apparently needed a vacation in Italy at its original home. I miss them so . . .

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

ukulelecraig
November 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I've had nothing but positive things to say about Pilot. I've always dealt with Maria Heil who is considerate and helpful. I'd give them a call.