PDA

View Full Version : I scored the ultimate collectable ink. Happy David

david i
November 3rd, 2013, 10:12 PM
I admit I'm not all that into the culture (cult?) of ink.

Sacrilege, perhaps ;)

If it writes a reasonable line in a color I like, I'm happy.

Too, I have not pursued (perhaps I should) the history of FP ink bottles, that quest for earliest known, rare shape, what have you.

But, I admit, watching the insanity... eurrr... intensity blossom oh, 8-9 years ago regarding this scarce vintage Sheaffer ink, I figured one day I would score a bottle on the cheap, just to... well... prove I could.

So, when I spotted an ebay ad showing multiple vintage Sheaffer inks (mostly Peacock and brown), and when I noticed this wee varmint hiding in the lot, I bid and won, on the cheap.

Persian Rose. Appears to be unopened.

No complaints...

regards

David

VertOlive
November 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Yum! Have you considered opening it and inking up yet? Love to see the results!

VO

tandaina
November 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'd love to see this in use too!

Sailor Kenshin
November 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Yum! Have you considered opening it and inking up yet? Love to see the results!

VO

Same here!

david i
November 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Nopers.

For me it is largely the hunt, the collecting. Worrying which shade of fuchsia it resembles just isn't my thing. Sacrilege I know, but there ya have it. One day I'll fatigue on owning it, and will pass it to someone more into ink than am I.

regards

david

Mori45
November 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Nopers.

For me it is largely the hunt, the collecting. Worrying which shade of fuchsia it resembles just isn't my thing. Sacrilege I know, but there ya have it. One day I'll fatigue on owning it, and will pass it to someone more into ink than am I.

regards

david

I definitely feel the same way, but am not as nice as you are David. I'd probably give in and test it before passing it on :)

Penne Stilografiche
December 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
There are some NOS bottles of Persian Rose on the bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vntg-2-Sheaffers-Skrip-Ink-Skrip-102-Washable-Persian-Rose-W-Box-2-oz-MINT-/221328609549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338836910d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sheaffers-Skrip-Ink-Skrip-102-Washable-Persian-Rose-W-Box-2-oz-/321264167662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4accd62aee

BlueGoop
December 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Congrats on finding such a rare ink!

bogiesan
December 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
You bought the Peacock and the Brown, too, didn't you? What about the Gold? (!!) Those early Sheaffer inks are s-o-o-o different from what they're selling now. I have not used any of them but the craftsmen in the old drafting department at my company used mostly Sheaffer inks for their hand-lettering. I stumbled onto several dried up bottles about 20 years ago and, of course, tossed them because I was ignorant and stupid and a fool.