PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Diplomat Traveller & Rotring Esprit for a Chinese or Indian fountain pen

Moxoftritonytes
November 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Hello!

I have a slightly used Diplomat Traveller fountain pen and a heavier used Rotring Esprit that I like to trade for a good writing fountain pen from a Chinese (Wing Sung, Hero, et.c) or Indian (Wality, et.c) brand.
Both pens that I offer are in a good to very good condition and write well. The Rotring Esprit has a medium steel nib that has been reground into a fine stub for some nice line variation. The Diplomat Traveller has a goldplated medium steel nib that I have tuned for a better inkflow and made smoother.
Both pens take international standard cartridges or a converter. They also can be used as an Eyedropper.
The Traveller is made from stainless steel, the Esprit from Aluminium. The Esprit doesn`t have the nasty telescope mechanism that many can`t get along with.

What I`m looking for is a nice, classic looking fountain pen suitable for international standard cartridge use and/or use as an Eyedropper. It should write well and have a correctly adjusted nib that also has the nib slit sitting correctly. It doesn`t matter if the nib is hooded or not or if the pen body is made from metal or plastic.
The pen also should write well and neither write too dry nor have a leaky nib section.
It must be suitable for heavy use and not fall apart after two years.

I am sending pics of the two offered fountain pens upon request, so feel free to ask.

Regards,
Moxoftritonytes

subramaniyam
November 5th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Mox would you be interested in camlins? I could send you a trinity that fits the cart/ED considerations. If you are into piston fillers I can arrange for a GAMA demonstrator. the Trinity is the best C/C+ED available out there (at least in india). I'll send you the pics within a day.

Regards,
Subramaniyam

subramaniyam
November 5th, 2013, 01:49 AM
I'll also throw in a Doctor ED. Its a nice. big pen. You can find pics of the Doctor and Gama here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47104577@N03/10373392034/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47104577@N03/10373418776/in/photostream/
the doctor is the blue one and the GAMA is orange.

I will post a pic of the trinity soon. BTW the pens that I will be sending will be new and havent been used except for testing. the photos I've posted above are my daily users. :-)

regards,
Sub