PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's Inks - Any to be concerned about?

maksim
November 5th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Hey guys,

newbie here. Got my fountain pens recently, Lamy AI and Parker Sonnet Silver. Got a few nice inks already, Waterman Florida Blue (tranquil blue), Aurora Black, and Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-budo.

Now looking at adding a deeper blue, and I love Syrah, so might as well Diamine Syrah, will compliment the Yama Budo nicely.

So... looking for a slightly darker blue over the Waterman Florida Blue. I have J. Herbin Bleu Nuit in my cart, along with the Syrah. Where I am stuck, is on Noodler's 54th Mass.

Now... I love Baystate blue, but am concerned with it messing up the pens, staining, etc. How are the other Noodler's Inks? Any I should be concerned about?

I also have Diamine's Registrar's Blue/Black in my cart, and I know it is Iron Gall, so would have to clean the pens after every use.... but would Noodler's 54th mass be close enough? (longevity wise).

Color wise... J Herbin Bleu Nuit close to the others mentioned?

Thanks.

snedwos
November 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Noodler's specialty (eg bulletproof) inks tend to be quite saturated and painty, so cleaning regularly will still be a good idea. Shouldn't damage modern pens. Vintage pens from the age of experimenting with every kind of new plastic under the sun? Maybe caution is advisable.

I do notice pens with 54MA tend to have startup issues, in the few weeks I've been using it. And it clogs up my Waterman.

I love the colour though. And I'm not sure I'd call it "slightly darker" than WFB...