PDA

View Full Version : Need reccomendation for deep, shady, tealy blue-black!

Sailor Kenshin
November 6th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I think I am on a crazed blue-black kick, and am searching now for that Perfect Ink which is deep and vibrant but nearly translucent, has wonderful shading, and has strong teal undertones without actually being teal.

To give you an idea of my nearly Goldilocks-ish 'requirements,' here are some I've tried:

Levenger True Teal: wonderful color but TOO teal. Though a bottle is in my future!

OrGaNics Studios Blakwa looked like the very one in scans, but is too dusty/chalky to fit the niche.

Waterman Blue-Black: a little too blue.

Private Reserve Ebony Blue: close! But a little too dark and non-tealy-shady enough.

Help! Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.

Robert
November 6th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Have you considered mixing your own, e.g., add a little of the Levenger True Teal to PR Ebony Blue, and see what happens? (BTW, I really like Ebony Blue.)

snedwos
November 6th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mixing Diamine Eau de Nil and Noodlers 54th MA yielded some interesting results, in varying proportions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

reprieve
November 6th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Noodler's Blue-black is heavily on the teal side. Also, Diamine Twilight? Noodler's Q-ternity? Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo?

Sailor Kenshin
November 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have Twilight and Tsuki-yo....not quite deep and tealish and shady enough.

If possible, I want a bottle of something I don't have to mix!

Goldfish
November 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Have you tried Sailor Seiboku?

Sailor Kenshin
November 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Not yet. In fact, the only Sailor inks I have are black and green...in carts.

picautomaton
November 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
If you can get hold of a bottle of Skrip Blue Black (made in USA) you may be pleasantly surprised

yipe
November 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
De Atramentis Black Edition Blue Black? Might not be teal enough for you.

Sailor Kenshin
November 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
De Atramentis Black Edition Blue Black? Might not be teal enough for you.

Now that's one I never heard of. Thanks! Off to hunt swab/review.

Goldfish
November 6th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Not yet. In fact, the only Sailor inks I have are black and green...in carts.

You owe it to your name, try some more Sailor inks!! :D
Seiboku is pigment ink made for fountain pens. Sailor regular blue black is also nice with a hint of teal. It's not too saturated but not too washed out, either.