PDA

View Full Version : Quick Handwritten Ink Review: Noodler’s Golden Brown

heath
November 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Close Ups here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/quick-handwritten-ink-review-noodlers-golden-brown/

jacksterp
November 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM
That's an attractive color.

How are the flow characteristics through a non-dip pen?

heath
November 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
That's an attractive color.

How are the flow characteristics through a non-dip pen?

I'll do a follow up as soon as I can on this.

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I find Golden Brown a very nice ink. As soon as you write with it, it looks a little watered down and orange-ish, after it's dry, you can see a beautiful golden brownish color with wonderful shading. The only downside to that ink is that after some time it's been dry (around a week or so), it tends to acquire a greenish shade, more like the one shown on the 'Tardiff test' spot on pictures above.

Aleks
May 4th, 2014, 02:18 PM
is this the latest Noodlers color available??? i like the 'reddish-copper-like" undertones.

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 02:27 PM
No, it's been out for a while. If you like "reddish-copper-like" stuff you should definetely try Diamine Ancient Copper. One of my favorite inks.

Aleks
May 4th, 2014, 03:45 PM
No, it's been out for a while. If you like "reddish-copper-like" stuff you should definetely try Diamine Ancient Copper. One of my favorite inks.

i've got it in my humble collection :D

http://origincache-ash.fbcdn.net/1169889_224822284366855_754577834_n.jpg

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Oh, never mind me...

Lady Onogaro
May 4th, 2014, 05:40 PM

That's pretty darn impressive; you need a glass top (to rival the see-through pen desk).

Crazyorange
May 4th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Just curious...I see altoids...does your pens have bad breath? ;)

Seriously, great presentation of your inks.

ndw76
May 4th, 2014, 07:52 PM
I love this ink. If it came in a larger bottle I would buy two. If it were waterproof I would buy twice as many.

kataish
May 5th, 2014, 12:11 AM

I'm glad I decided to do a cross stitch for your birthday present instead of send you ink like I had been contemplating. Yeesh! :crazy:

Aleks
May 5th, 2014, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Avastgard;78252]No, it's been out for a while. If you like "reddish-copper-like" stuff you should definetely try Diamine Ancient Copper. One of my favorite inks.

Just curious...I see altoids...does your pens have bad breath? ;)

Seriously, great presentation of your inks.

Thanks!!! Ladies & Gents; as for the "see-through table top" ain't no matching that! that's as good as it gets (well maybe change the picnic table look of its footing :p ) and as for the reason of my current "shelf," i've got very limited space thus i gotta b creative :D

P.S. Altoids!!! haha, well that's where i keep my dipping pen nibs, you know all tucked away and cozzy ;)

Avastgard
June 2nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Has anybody tried this ink with an Italic nib? I am doing so and there has been a lot of skipping.

Waski_the_Squirrel
June 2nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Have you tried it with a different italic pen or different paper? I hated this ink in an italic Edison pen, but it's great with an italic Goulet nib on a Noodler's Konrad. (Much better in an Edison fine point.)

Avastgard
June 3rd, 2014, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I've just tried it on a Sheaffer's No Nonsense, and it writes much better (although it's a little bit on the fine side). But before I was using it on a Pilot 78G with the Italic nib from a Pilot Plumix. I am having a lot of trouble with this nib. I've fiddled with it for quite some time, but it now seems to be working well with Noodler's X-feather. I just have the worst luck with Italic nibs, and smoothing them is hard to do without distorting the line variation. Anyhow, I guess Golden Brown is just one of those very moody inks. Aside from the ocasional skipping, it changes shades as if it had a will of its own.

UPDATE: I just tried writing with it on a No Nonsense with and Italic Fine nib. The pen had been sitting for a few days, and as soon as I wrote the ink was damn dark, almost a dark brown. I'm amazed with how the hues can change like that!