PDA

View Full Version : Quickie look at new Hero fude and new/old Rotring ink!

Sailor Kenshin
November 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM
You really shouldn't have shown me how to use the photo function....drunk with power, I stagger on!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/10743006043_dc229463ef_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/10742725276_2828846c47_z.jpg

As noted, the pen is back-heavy when posted. But it's still writing! I don't know whether it's the massive fins on the feed or because the section spent some time sitting in the bottle.

Both pen and ink are from fleabay. The pen came from China quicker than the ink came from England, lol.

kaisnowbird
November 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I just checked mine. Although it would draw up ink, the converter's fit to the nipple is not very secure, which is kind of worrisome.

Do you think your one is suffering from a loose fit of the converter or could there be some clogging inside the section? Can you at least squirt water out using the converter?

Sailor Kenshin
November 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I haven't tried that yet, but it's a good idea, and as soon as the little bit I loaded in the cart has been written out I will try it! Thanks.

Tony Rex
November 8th, 2013, 06:40 PM
SK,

This 'lowly' nib made a big impression on me, because I've always wanted a fude. Never got the chance because my kanji is wanting and would just waste such a tool. I need to brush up first before getting one of these. Thanks for the reminder. Btw, Sailor also have an inexpensive model of fude, iirc. Then jumps to Binder's Condor to Nagahara special!

Oh, and nice ink combo.

Tony

Sailor Kenshin
November 9th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Thanks, TR! And of course you KNOW I have the low-end Sailor, the one that looks like the 1911. It's lighter weight and easier to operate than the metal-bodied Chinese fude.

kaisnowbird
November 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I heard the Japanese Fude's nib is bent more sharply than the Chinese Fude. Is that true?
If so, I wonder what difference does it make to the writing if anything at all.

Sailor Kenshin
November 10th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Sailor makes a few inexpensive ($15-35 USA dollars) fude models, and the nibs here seem less heavy and elaborate than the Chinese pens, and have no tipping whatever.

There are some Sailors that look like a stick of bamboo and these are available in a couple of different angles. The one that looks like the 1911 can be used as a 'normal' pen to add flair to your writing, and the only other fude I have which can do this is the five-dollar Guanleming.

Sailor also offers the fude as a specialty nib in the genuine 1911 and Sapporo models.