PDA

View Full Version : Sager repair

kimsdad
November 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Can or would someone provide some tips on repairing the Sager sacless pen?
Thanks Jim

pengeezer
March 10th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I'm with you--I have two of the same type(Sager Transparo) and looking for someone who knows how to repair
them;someone that also might have two sackless nibs and a feed. I'd love to get both of them working!

John

Farmboy
March 10th, 2015, 09:27 PM
It might help if you post a picture. I know of no source for the head seal.

pengeezer
March 11th, 2015, 10:22 AM
It might help if you post a picture. I know of no source for the head seal.

I'll try to post some pics tonight;if not tonight,then tomorrow.

John

pengeezer
March 12th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Sorry nothing was posted last night or tonight--sciatica in my left leg has been acting up for the past few months. I have
pics that I took;just have to put them in w/some explaining of what's what.

John

Farmboy
March 13th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Sorry nothing was posted last night or tonight--sciatica in my left leg has been acting up for the past few months. I have

John

John,

Not many people will know what a Sager filler is. Fewer will know that Parker used it in both Vacumatic and 51 pens on a very limited basis.

I know of 2 or so 51s and a handful of Vacumatics with them. One came to me for repair asking for a new filler to be installed. I was compelled to own it.

pengeezer
March 13th, 2015, 09:14 AM

John

John,

Not many people will know what a Sager filler is. Fewer will know that Parker used it in both Vacumatic and 51 pens on a very limited basis.

I know of 2 or so 51s and a handful of Vacumatics with them. One came to me for repair asking for a new filler to be installed. I was compelled to own it.

Farmboy,you certainly surprised me--I didn't know that Parker used Sager's plunger-filller on a limited basis(I assume when they
were first starting out with the Vacumatic). I also didn't know that one was tried in the "51". One of the pics that I took with my cellphone shows
the plunger pulled out as far as it would go,but under the black rubber seal there looks to be a 6-tiered piece attached to the plunger. Not sure
if that was/is part of the plunger. The other question is how does one go about finding original Sager nibs and a feed? The unique thing about a
Sager feed is the hole at the front of the feed.

Is it possible to use elastomeric seals like those found in the MB 149 as replacements? Or maybe the seal kit that David Nishimura sells on his
website?

John

sloegin
March 13th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Original nib and feed are probably going to have to come from a donor pen.

pengeezer
March 13th, 2015, 06:40 PM
That's my impression,unless someone has those spare parts.

John

pengeezer
March 15th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Let's try again....

Pair of Sager Transparos:

Sager Transparo w/plunger out as far as it will go:

Close-up of the plunger seal and 2 layers of a seal(?) below it:

Finally,the feed w/the hole that allows ink in:

John