PDA

View Full Version : J. Herbin Gris Nuage (Thanks to FPGeeks)

Pinkys.Brain
March 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Here a short handwritten review(?) of J. Herbin Gris Nuage:

The Bottle: Nice 30 ml bottle. Might be harder for use with piston fillers that have large nibs. It has a pen rest, but it's a bit slim for large pens. Works great though with my Lamy Logo or the Reform 1745.

Thanks again to FPGeeks for providing the ink.:o

Pinkys.Brain
March 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Here a sample of Gris Nuage with a little dash of Havana Brown.

The result is a light brown/violet with greyish shading (red markings).

Works better with paper that is not bone-white than pure Gris Nuage.

The picture also shows, that Havana Brown incorporates a strong violet tone. And that shows in the mixture.

=> A broad nib is a must for the Gris Nuage ink.

peterpen53
March 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I think the mix looks great. The original grey looks a bit faded for my taste.

John the Monkey
March 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Agreed on the mixture, that's lovely.

radellaf
March 23rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
How does any grey ink differ from diluted black?

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
This is an ink that I am always meaning to try but some how never get around to doing so.:)

gwgtaylor
April 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
This is my go to grey ink. I like how it shades and often looks like pencil when it dries. So far I've only used it in a broad waterman charleston. Might try it in a brush pen. That could be fun.

xspect
May 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Too bad it doesn't photocopy well

Tortoise
May 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Now that's a mixture I absolutely will try! Thanks for the idea!

anaximander
July 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Nice mix. Looks a little like J. Herbin Cacao du Bresil.

ravkesef
January 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
Gris Nuage is one of my favorite inks, and I've dedicated a Sheaffer Snorkel to it. I love the way the ink looks on the page, and I often use it for short notes. It goes on fairly dry, and I get many nice comments from recipients of notes written with this ink.
New subject: I tried to look at the two handwritten notes written by Pinkys.Brain and got a notification that I did not have permission to access this page. I'm assuming that this is because I'm a newbie, and don't have that many posts on this forum. Is that correct, or is there another reason. If anyone knows the real reason, I'd be happy to know. Thanks,
Eric