PDA

View Full Version : Edison Collier as a bulb-filler in Antique Acrylic Marble - delicious (2 of 2)

hughdrbf
March 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
As I was saying... :)

[above and below] Brian and I share the appreciation for character and aesthetics of the thread reveal through the translucent acrylic - we both agreed, if you like that look - and I absolutely do - it is a "must have"!

The size and dimensions of the Collier make for a wonderful feel in the hand, it's well balanced and writes like a dream.

Comparison of my Collier from top-left to bottom-right:
- Noodler's Flex
- Sheaffer Legacy II
- Mont Blanc 149
- Collier
- 1933 Parker Vac
- Pilot Custom 74
- Waterman Expert

My Collier fits nicely with friends for transport.

Thank you, Brian, for making the dream a reality with good old-fashioned expertise, skill, craftsmanship, and passion for the art and science of it all. And above all else...for caring as you do about delivering quality service and products. The custom Collier you made for me is but the first of many more to come! (there's the hint about my upcoming story!)

My "color conundrum" notwithstanding, enjoy!

Hugh

peterpen53
March 19th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Beautiful pen, Hugh, congratulations. And it's very enlightening to see it next to that 149. Pens as big as that used to be an exception (some years ago!).
What nib did you get? Your note looks very nice.

Cheers,
Peter

hughdrbf
March 19th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks Peter!

Brian had me try each nib he offers right at his table at the DC pen show. I chose the fine two-tone steel nib for my Collier. That nib is so smooth to write with.

Later I bought a .7mm left-footed cursive italic custom grind from Richard Binder. That is the nib I used to write the note in the last picture.

Brian has been offering his own custom nib grinds for some time now. In my next post (hint) I will share more about that :)

Hugh

jor412
March 25th, 2012, 07:22 AM
That's a beautiful big pen. Is that the standard size for the Collier?

hughdrbf
March 25th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Yes, it is. That's another reason why it is my "grail" pen.

Contact Brian if you are interested in a custom-sized Collier, or any of his other pens. He will be glad to talk with you about making any of them to your specification.

Hugh

jor412
March 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
This was one of my "to-get" pens and in antique marble, too, but perhaps the size is a bit too much for my hands. Thanks for posting the comparative pics.

jotterius
April 17th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Beautifull pen!!!

TonicLime
July 4th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Nice! The pen is beautiful. Also, your pictures came out nice. Your collection is colorful!