PDA

View Full Version : Another ladybug pen

InvisibleMan
November 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Whew! I think I'm through the learning curve on this resin now:) No more odd sharp corners on the spots, etc.....I think. This one came out great.

http://www.pensbylyleross.com/gallatin-6---ladybug.html

7139 7140

Blastmaster1972
November 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
That looks nice!

Kind regards,

Jos

Goldfish
November 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
So cute!!

cwent2
November 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Nice indeed!

Newjelan
November 19th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Awesome! Love the look and the name - what fun! I need to stay away from your pens - too tempting and 2 are enough.... for now

InvisibleMan
November 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks everybody! Maybe I'll finish up that dalmatian now:crazy_pilot:

Bogon07
November 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
What a nice red.
That pen is so cheery I can't help but smile when I look at it.

Some of the Ladybugs in Australia are a more yellowish orange and that would look good as well.

The Dalmatian pen should be a real hit. More fun than the Pelikan New York (friesian cow) pen.

InvisibleMan
November 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
What a nice red.
That pen is so cheery I can't help but smile when I look at it.

Some of the Ladybugs in Australia are a more yellowish orange and that would look good as well.

The Dalmatian pen should be a real hit. More fun than the Pelikan New York (friesian cow) pen.

Thanks, yeah, the dalmatian really looks good. Soon..... I think the ladybug in person looks a bit darker red than on my screen, but all screens are a bit different I think.

The only cow pen I've made is an early polyresin that I poured. Bad dark background that I guess I thought was good at the time:) I call it Brown Cow:

Bogon07
November 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
The Brown Cow is an interesting colour combination. The old world black & brown contrasts nicely with the white areas.

InvisibleMan
November 19th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Visually, Brown Cow is my favorite resin that I've ever made - deep and rich chocolate browns, and does it ever take a shine! I'll probably make myself a pen from it just to look at sometime soon:) But, PR is also more brittle than my other resin. If dropped on a hard floor, bad things tend to happen.