PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan Souveran M600 Green`O`Green

Moxoftritonytes
November 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM
This is my new Pelikan Souveran M600 in the stunning Green`O`Green colour that you have to see with your own eyes to believe its`beauty. Photos can`t capture the essence of green this pen is all about.

I got this pen today from a fellow pen enthusiast with whom I did a trade. It was like brandnew when it came out of the box. It was love at first sight for me. "My, what a pretty green" was all I thought.

The pen has some heft while still playing in the light-weight liga. The size is optimal for my middle-sized hands. The balance in the hand is perfect, even with the cap posted. This pen has a medium 14ct gold nib that is a true medium and doesn`t tend to write broad like some other Pelikan M nibs do. In fact the nib writes a line just a tiny bit thicker than the nib on my Pelikan 100N does. It has stub character which for me is a real bonus. I like the line-variation it makes. And it is smooth like hot butter.
I have tested it on various papers using the Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite blue-black ink. It gets along well with all of them. The ink flow is very good on this pen and you can write really fast without skipping.
I would call it a wet noodle. The nib also has some springyness to it which to me is a real surprise. I always thought of Pelikan gold nibs as of nails.
The ink reservoir of this piston filler holds enough ink to write 14 to 16 pages of A4. The piston operation goes smoothly. And the M600 Green`O`Green doesn`t have the slightest flaw. It`s perfect in so many ways. I like it alot. I think it will stand the test of time as a true workhorse.

subramaniyam
November 20th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Awesome pen!

Regards,
Sub

Jeph
November 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
THAT makes the green striated look absolutely boring. Awesome is the correct word.

da vinci
November 20th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Nice pen, glad you are happy :)

The Good Captain
November 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM
A great pen - you will enjoy it!