PDA

View Full Version : Jetpens Blog Interviews Michael Gutberlet of Kaweco

KrazyIvan
March 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
I found it a rather short but interesting read. At the end, the question is raised about a converter for the Kaweco sport. Michael's response seems to indicate a piston fill Kaweco Sport may be in the works or am I reading too much into it? :confused:

http://blog.jetpens.com/2012/03/exclusive-interview-michael-gutberlet_14.html?showComment=1332342135945#c37562 89657529752121

KrazyIvan
March 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Okay, so it was mentioned in today's radio broadcast. :) So I guess I am understanding it the way I thought, or at least I am not the only one that understood it that way. :P

KrazyIvan
March 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I asked the question on the Jetpens blog and the answer is yes! Kaweco is investing in making a Piston filler!

IvanRMar 21, 2012 08:02 AM
On the Sport converter, did I misunderstand? A converter already has a piston mechanism. Did he mean they want to produce a Piston fill Kaweco Sport? That. Would. Be. Awesome!

Replies

ShuMar 23, 2012 10:31 AM
Here's Michael's response:

"There are 3 types of fountain pen converters: piston converter, aerometric converter (with rubber sack inside), and syringe converter. Piston converter is the most popular. In fact, you can find them for the Kaweco Dia, Student, and Allrounder lines. However, adjusting a normal piston converter to a smaller/shorter size is not the solution for the Sport line, as you would have very little ink volume left. That's why we will invest in making a pen with a piston fill."

Note: I've corrected the original interview answer accordingly.