PDA

View Full Version : Clogged p75 how to repair

lowks
November 22nd, 2013, 01:49 AM
I was being damn stupid and left sailor permanent blue ink in my Parker P75 and now when I load it up with ink, the ink just does not flow. Short of sending it to nib meisters does anyone know what I can do to help the situation ?

Thanks.

Jeph
November 22nd, 2013, 02:31 AM
That should not be a big issue. Remove the cap, barrel and cartride/converter from the section. Then just run cool tapwater through the section. You can run the water from either direction. It should be clean rather quickly. If it is really bad you could soak the section in water.

You could could even try just taking the cap off and running cool tapwater over the nib and feed with everything still installed. That might be enough to get things flowing again.

You pen just needs a little cleaning and then everything should be fine again.

lowks
November 22nd, 2013, 04:32 AM
Actually tried that with water and also removed the nib unit and soaked it in water over night to no avail. Can a parker 75 nib unit be disassembled or should that even be the way to go ?

View from the Loft
November 22nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Patience. It didn't clog and dry up in a matter of minutes, so it won't clean up quickly either. Have you tried flushing with an ear bulb? Have you tried a drop of dishwash liquid in your water? Have you removed the nib and feed from the section (they dissasemble in a P75 fairly easily, but don't take the nib and feed apart)?

It will take more cycles of soaking and flushing to clean, but I would be wary of leaving the whole section soaking. My instinct is only to submerge the nib itself, unless you have removed the nib and feed from the section in which case an overnight soak should not do any harm.

lowks
November 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Only soaked it once with dishwasher liquid over night probably going to try it for another time today. Thanks.

jar
November 22nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
As said above, patience.

It is soak. flush with ear bulb, repeat until finished.

lowks
November 22nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
I happy to report my p75 is alive and kicking or should I say writing again! A second round of soaking did the trick! Thank you everyone here! You guys won't believe the amount of small blue "nano particles" I saw floating around in the diluted dishwasher liquid I saw! The pen is living on Mont Blanc black for the time being. Thank you guys and gals again!

View from the Loft
November 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Good news, thanks for reporting back.

lowks
November 23rd, 2013, 04:39 AM
On that quick note though, just want to ask if filling Sailor nano permanent ink in your pen is a bad idea ?

jar
November 23rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
On that quick note though, just want to ask if filling Sailor nano permanent ink in your pen is a bad idea ?

Should be no problem as long as you do a good clean and flush routine every three-six months.