PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with tmart.com in re Ink purchases?

diogenesNY
November 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Somewhere I came across tmart.com as a source for Hero ink. It was offered very inexpensively (free US shipping) for about $4 for a 2oz bottle of several colors (ref, blue, blue-black, black).

Here is a web link showing their merchandise, etc.:

http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=hero+ink

That should show pretty much of what they have. Hero is a Chinese ink that has had a few mixed reviews but for that price I thought I would take a tumble. I ordered four various bottles, paid with paypal and waited.

Nothing for a while...... then I logged into my tmart account, after getting nothing from the tracking number they had emailed with my recipt.

My account log showed that the order had been shipped, but a logistical tracking log had some summery information saying that the package was dammaged and undeliverable. Note that niether tmart nor anyone else informed me of this.

I sent an email through their service gateway on their website, and they replied that I 'need to get in touch with post office and return product" then they would reship.

I sent them a return email explaining that I have no idea how they shipped my ink, although it does not appear to have been by US Postal Service. In any case, they need to send me the product for which they have accepted my money.

Waiting... nothing yet. Will update, I guess.

Anyone do any business with these guys? Is this a regular pattern? Fluke? Worth the wait? Should I just write this off?

I know its only about sixteen bucks, but it still annoys me, and it was a pretty good price for some ink.

Anyone?

diogenesNY

Sailor Kenshin
November 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Eeek.

Keep us updated. I bought multiple Hero inks off fleabay, for about the same price, with no problem at all.

Laura N
November 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
File a Paypal complaint. Product not delivered, or words to that effect. You even have evidence. :)

In the unlikely event that Paypal does not find in your favor, if you put it on a credit card, your credit card company will.

Don't risk letting it ride with the merchant: there's a time limit for Paypal complaints.

diogenesNY
November 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
I have been playing e-mail tag with them and they keep saying that I need to contact the Post Office and take pictures of the damaged product and have it returned. I Keep explaining that the Post Office is not involved. My only info seems to be from a tracking stub from their website suggesting that it is in some FedEx warehouse in Allentown PA.

Either they are not too good with english or they are being intentionally obtuse. It is like an argument with Gracie Allen with none of the humor.. In any case, I told them either ship the product or refund the money promptly, or I will complain to paypal.

Any one had any interaction with these guys? Is this one of those deals where things are great as long as it works, but is a total mess when something goes wrong? or is it just a consistent horror show.

Will be posting my ink price log on the main inky thoughts board shortly.

diogenesNY

Sailor Kenshin
November 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
File a Paypal complaint. Product not delivered, or words to that effect. You even have evidence. :)

In the unlikely event that Paypal does not find in your favor, if you put it on a credit card, your credit card company will.

Don't risk letting it ride with the merchant: there's a time limit for Paypal complaints.

This. To the tenth power.

79spitfire
November 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Don't let this lapse, I also bought mine off E-bay. I suspect they are the same seller.

The ink is cheap and usable, but nothing to write home about....

diogenesNY
November 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Tmart.com seems to be a fairly large volume supplier of lots of stuff, just with near-zero customer service and little or no command of english.... or at least that is the impression one gets dealing with their help desk.

I have a chain of emails back and forth with them offering me increasingly inscrutable replies. (I can post these if desired, but I can hardly imagine the value in wasting the space). After about 3 or 4 turns, I have given up on recieveing either a refund or shipment of my stuff, and am proceeding with a complaint (along with my email log and screenshot of the delivery exception) to paypal.

Any advice on what materials I need to provide paypal or other hints for resolving the situation this way are most appreciated.

I will, of course, follow up on the resolution of this matter.

diogenesNY

Sailor Kenshin
November 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just contact Paypal. They might even have some instructions on the site for opening a dispute.

Robert
November 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
diogenesNY asked: Any advice on what materials I need to provide paypal or other hints for resolving the situation this way are most appreciated.

Paypal's dispute menu gives you several options, including "merchandise not received." There is also a box where you can type, at some length, exactly what happened. I went through the process a few years ago when an eBay seller stiffed me. The procedure was quite painless, and after 3 weeks or so Paypal refunded my money.

VertOlive
December 25th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I have read that if your Paypal is funded with a credit card, you have both Paypal and the credit card company to go to with problems...