PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Silver Pompey

InvisibleMan
November 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I'm working on a whole roster of colors in the "Cosmic" line of resin that I'm making. This one is the silver, and I very much like how it turned out. The original was gold, and I called it "gold stardust", but I like cosmic better. I'm a fan of cosmic art, and this reminds me of that.

Anyway, to the pen. This is a large sized Pompey - 14mm cap threads. It is fitted with a #6 JoWo nib, clipless, and it comes with a matching pen pillow. More photos and stats are on the pen's page at my site here: http://www.pensbylyleross.com/pompey-4-cosmic-silver.html but I'll include the better photos below. I've also included a cell phone pic of the other colors of resin that I've poured. They are not polished, but you can get an idea of what's to come. I only wish the camera could capture the movement in the resin.

Thanks for looking :)

Lyle

7286 7287

And the raw materials for the other colors so far. There will be at least one more that I already love - a deep burgundy wine:)

kaisnowbird
November 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
What a handsome material. To me, it looks like there is a cosmic storm brewing.
Would the silver swirls sparkle? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Thank you for showing it to us.

InvisibleMan
November 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks! Yes, the silver is pearly. It isn't overly sparkly, more of a shifting shimmer. Cameras really don't pick up the movement in the resin very well at all.