PDA

View Full Version : Lot of Assorted Vintage Pens Restored

JoeFromNashville
November 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone, I've got a tray of vintage pens, all of which have been restored and are in working order except for one. I thought I would give everyone on FPGeeks first crack before I put them up on the 'Bay. They are, from left-to right:

1. Sheaffer Balance "500 Series" Lever-filler (no white dot), Striated Green Celluloid, 14K "Feathertouch" No. 5 nib. Some brassing on the cap band but otherwise a great pen. Nib is an EF/F. New Sac. Would be a great user ($50).
2. Sheaffer Target Touchdown Filler (no white dot), conical fine steel nib, Burgundy with gold plate trim. When I purchased it was NOS. I've used very few times. Filling system restored. ($45)
3. Eversharp Symphony in Black, NOS, filled once or twice. New sac. Flex, or semi-flex, 14K nib. Excellent writer. Very little to no braising on the trim. ($65)
4. Parker Duofold Special (??) (Lower end of the line). I've had a difficult time identifying this pen but it appears to be a very slim duofold style pen with a nib marked "Parker Pen Made in USA". The pen writes nicely. Nib is "soft" (probably not quite "flex") so it appears to be 14K. Moderate brassing on the ball and cap band, button filling system has been restored. ($50).
5. Esterbrook LJ in Grey. Nice condition, both cap jewels and a new sac. Firm Fine 2556 Nib. ($45)
6. Green celluloid pen marked "Imperial", with a "Warranted 14K USA" Nib. Lever filler, restored. What appears to be green celluloid. Pretty pen. ($35)
7. Sheaffer ring-top vest pocket pen. No lever. Needs new sac, #4 flex nib is worn and needs work. Probably a parts pen. Black hard rubber. ($15).

Feel free to PM me with questions. I will consider offers but prices are relatively firm since they cover my cost/supplies/time in restoring those I've worked on or paid someone else to work on. I will also take a reasonable offer for the lot if someone's looking to jump start their vintage pen collection.

Best,

Joe

JoeFromNashville
December 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Bump. Just thought I'd let you know I've listed these pens and more on Ebay. Many with no reserve. Happy Holidays everyone (and happy bidding!). Seller name is cracej531.

JoeFromNashville
December 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Bump. Sheaffer Balance, Sheaffer Touchdown, and Sheaffer 1920s ring top flex nib up on ebay for no reserve. cracej531. Also have a cigar humidor, for anyone who's interested.