PDA

View Full Version : Review: Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün

DrChumley
November 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM

All in all, I really like this ink, but it doesn't really shine until you get it in a nice flex pen and do some writing on ivory paper. It needs a wet pen, otherwise the color is just too light for my tastes. Very well-behaved, though. No feathering or bleedthrough, even on the wettest of writing. Nice shading. And I've never seen another color quite like it.

This is my only R&K ink, and I'm thinking I may need to try some of their other colors as well.

Plus, I finally had to learn how to make the ü character on my Mac... :)

DrChumley
November 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM

The full review is here: http://penhabit.com/2013/11/28/ink-review-rohrer-klingner-alt-goldgrun/

reprieve
November 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
This is one of my favorite inks--nothing else is quite like it. It's especially amazing in a flexy nib.

Cake
November 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Yes! Super color. Nice review. Never thought to use it in a flex pen, but am now intrigued enough to try it out. Thank you.

Roefisher
November 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
What a beautiful colour!

It reminded me immediately on our local version of the Olive Shrimp - a fantastic salmon fly.

This past couple of days, I have been doing some writing with my Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku. I'm loving my green inks and this one has went straight onto my must-buy list :)

Thanks for the review and pictures.

Mark

Febeleh
December 23rd, 2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks! Can't wait to get my bottle.

kaisnowbird
December 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Can't wait to get my sample :redface:

Goldfish
December 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Need to order a sample, thanks for a fantastic review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Senecabud
December 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
I, too, love this ink.

VertOlive
December 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Alright!!!

This review caused me to wander off to find a sample. I ended up with 5 ink samples, AND a Konrad Flex pen in Rattlesnake & Adrenaline. And a convertor for my Lamy.

What?!? :shocked:

79spitfire
December 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Alright!!!

This review caused me to wander off to find a sample. I ended up with 5 ink samples, AND a Konrad Flex pen in Rattlesnake & Adrenaline. And a convertor for my Lamy.

It's worth it!

Tracy Lee
December 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Alright!!!

You are lucky that is all you found when you wandered off! :) Dangerous in this pen world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bo Bo Olson
December 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
It is an ink that grows on you. At first I didn't like it, in everyone's written sample looked better than mine. Eventually I stopped worrying about that and it is different, depending on the nib width and flex combined with paper. It is not a simple 'that's it' ink, it has many tones.

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Oh! I got my samples and this one went straight to the Buy-A-Bottle list. Thanks again for the review!

Senecabud
December 31st, 2013, 10:34 AM
Yep, that's the danger of samples! Every time I've ordered one I followed up by buying a bottle. Samples are definitely addictive.

Misfit
August 4th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Thank you for this review. The ink was suggested as an alternative to the Wagner ink in the Diamine Music set. Your review was very thorough. First I've seen mentioning and showing the blue. I'm considering getting a bottle.

I like mango pudding
August 5th, 2014, 12:39 AM
yup, just bought this bottle last week. In fact is was because of a review that SBRE Brown did recently.

Floreat
August 29th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I just had a bottle of this delivered - it's gone straight onto my favourite list. It might actually even be my absolute favourite already! It's simply stunning, especially when used with a flex nib.

john
September 3rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
After reading this awesome ink review, I've got myself a bottle from a German seller with a very good price:rockon:

tinysnail
September 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
Great review! I'm a really big fan of this ink. It looks really different in pens of varying wetness, which is always fun.

I actually included it in my big paper chromatography thing this weekend. Lots of different components to this one!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/4c2419685abfb9c40243ed8efdece667/tumblr_nb6zi4aj3F1qgziczo3_1280.jpg

jacksterp
September 13th, 2014, 09:42 AM
You're not kidding there are a lot of components.

Cob
September 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM
My bottle arrived today; I am delighted. It is a wonderful colour; I followed the advice and used a wet pen, but I shall try a drier one just to see how it looks.

Thanks for the review and recommendation.

Cob