PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Montblanc Irish Green

DrChumley
November 28th, 2013, 01:24 PM
So, not to spam the forums, but with the holiday here in the US, I finally had some time to photograph some ink tests. Here's another one.

Overall, I really, really like this ink. It's a beautiful true-green color. Seattle's nickname is the "Emerald City", so maybe that's why it speaks to me so much.

Well behaved, really interesting shading, deep rich color, and I just love MB's "shoe" bottles.

DrChumley
November 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Some more photos:

krazyklod
November 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I love MB Irish Green! I agree the shading is nice and gradual, try it with a flex nib though and you may be very surprised.

DrChumley
November 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
This is actually the ink I was planning on using in my flex pen for the Christmas cards I'm about to start sending out. This and Diamine Red Dragon.

krazyklod
November 28th, 2013, 03:59 PM
This is actually the ink I was planning on using in my flex pen for the Christmas cards I'm about to start sending out. This and Diamine Red Dragon.

Ha I also have Red Dragon, you must have good taste in ink! That sounds like a great combination for Christmas. I hope you'll post pictures of your Christmas cards once you've done them.

The Good Captain
November 29th, 2013, 03:11 AM
I think I might just have to have some of this...

auto winder
November 29th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I got a bottle of this in Pen Corner when I stopped over in Dublin for a couple of hours on the way to Belfast recently. Lovely ink!

Mags
November 30th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Great review and wonderful ink. Thank you. It is specially formulated per MB does it mean it is a lubricated ink in any way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Newjelan
December 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM
I must be the only person who hates this ink. I have several greens that I like but not this one. I have to force myself to use it.

krazyklod
December 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM
I must be the only person who hates this ink. I have several greens that I like but not this one. I have to force myself to use it.

Haha you must be. In my dark green Swan this ink is a dream. Why do you hate it?

79spitfire
December 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM
This is my goto for green ink.

carlos.q
December 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
I believe this ink will be my next purchase... :rockon:

Newjelan
December 5th, 2013, 02:28 AM

Haha you must be. In my dark green Swan this ink is a dream. Why do you hate it?

I hate the colour, it reminds me of a green crystal lifesaver (lolly) from when I was a child. Every time I bought a packet of crystal lifesavers, there were always too many green ones and I would have to throw them away. I can taste them when I see this ink. :puke:

I also find the colour too garish on white paper which makes it look sickly (that same response) as a page of writing. I have trained myself to cope with a couple of lines, but it is an effort. :whip:

mmahany
December 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Irish Green is tied with Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku for my favorite inks.

Most of my 146/149s are filled with Irish green. At $17.50 from ParadisePen I think it's very reasonably priced too.

jacksterp
December 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM
A very beautiful green indeed.

Thanks for the review Dr.!

harrysnyder
January 31st, 2015, 08:09 PM
Very nice, Irish for the Irishman

mustud52
February 1st, 2015, 03:03 AM
I always have at least one pen with Irish Green and one with Red Dragon for selection each day. Chocolate Brown also works for me.

I find all three very pleasant with old springy Pelikan nibs and also modern nail nibs.

Of the several greens I have seen or tried I like Irish Green the most.