PDA

View Full Version : Help, Please. Montblanc Mozart 114 Real Thing?

VertOlive
November 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I need some expertise. Can anyone tell if this is a real Montblanc? I'm new to pens and new to Montblanc. The price seems to be quite low...:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261339476803?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

Opinions welcome!

Paul-H
November 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Looks real to me.

Paul

orfew
November 30th, 2013, 03:48 PM
It looks real to me as well. As far as the price goes I got my 114 with CD box and papers for 200.00 about 6 months ago.

Paul-H
November 30th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Also before you buy this pen, one thing to remember is that it is a very small pen, so small that it's almost un usable unless you post the cap. Have a look on Mantblancs website they show pictures that emphasize just how small it is.

Paul

orfew
November 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Also before you buy this pen, one thing to remember is that it is a very small pen, so small that it's almost un usable unless you post the cap. Have a look on Mantblancs website they show pictures that emphasize just how small it is.

Paul

Good point Paul H. It is indeed a very small pen. It is also a very well built small pen.

VertOlive
November 30th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm just such a newbie at identifying the real thing and I'm so grateful for the help!.

It is the small size that attracts me to it! I have small hands and often use my MiniTWSBI unposted. I think that part will be fine for me.

kaisnowbird
November 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Nothing in the picture says fake to me. The seller calling it a "Mozart solitaire" makes me a little uneasy as this is just a plain Mozart, not a Solitaire. For a brand new item, $250 is a fair deal. MB's Broad nib is pretty neat.

As far as the price goes I got my 114 with CD box and papers for 200.00 about 6 months ago.

If the item is in near mint condition, then that's a pretty good deal IMHO. :bump2:

I like mango pudding
November 30th, 2013, 11:24 PM
yeah, the pics show the real pen for sure. This is the only Meisterstuck that I will not buy. Too small. No wonder they named it the Mozart.

VertOlive
December 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Supposed to be new. I went for it so we'll know for sure when it arrives. Thanks to all for your help, this is a big deal (and a big outlay) for me. You all rock.
You all rock squared!

Paul-H
December 3rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
Hope you enjoy your new pen, I just picked up a NIB Chopin which is based on their 145 Classique, that one is about as small as my hands can use.

Mozart, Chopin, what's next "Brahms & List" or is that what we need to be to pay what we pay for these pens

Paul

jacksterp
December 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
VO - Congrats!

Please post your thoughts and many pics of your new pen when you have had time to evaluate it.

mmahany
December 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hope you enjoy your new pen, I just picked up a NIB Chopin which is based on their 145 Classique, that one is about as small as my hands can use.

Mozart, Chopin, what's next "Brahms & List" or is that what we need to be to pay what we pay for these pens

Paul

Just so you know, the Chopin is the 145 classique. The box is the only difference. The pens themselves are exactly the same in every way.

The Chopin and Mozart are the only two pens that reference their size rather than a special edition. The others such as Lennon, Hemingway, and Brahms on a separate level as we all know.

Jon Szanto
December 3rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Too small. No wonder they named it the Mozart.
Seems "Lesszart" would have been in order.

Paul-H
December 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM

Paul

Just so you know, the Chopin is the 145 classique. The box is the only difference. The pens themselves are exactly the same in every way..

Yep I knew that, I just worded my reply wrong.

Paul