PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Toronto!

gwgtaylor
March 26th, 2012, 09:34 PM
It was sunny last week. Not so much today.

My name is Gerald and I, like many of you, have an (un)healthy addiction to pens that fountain.

I recently bought a Laban 30 pen chest in cherrywood and 5 minutes after getting it out of the box I realized I had outgrown it. Oops.

Just today I got a 1990s 23k gold plated Duofold Centennial in the mail complete with all papers and original Parker Penman Sapphire cartridges. NOS. No time to play with it as I had to go to work. Tomorrow we'll see if she works.

Hope to share some thoughts and laughs with you all. Hope it doesn't lead to too many outrageous purchases.

Ciao!
-Gerald

Rich L
March 26th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome!

Got me one of those Duofolds as well.

Cheers,
Rich

Maja
March 27th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hi Gerald and welcome to FP Geeks from a fellow Canadian! ;)

You are fortunate to live in Toronto as it's the only Canadian city to have had a pen show! I don't know when the next one is scheduled, but Shari Bridge is trying to organize one for 2012 (info here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/213063-toronto-international-pen-show-tips-2012-yes/ )

KrazyIvan
March 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the board Gerald. Running out of pen storage in just 5 minutes! Okay, I thought I had it bad. :P

gwgtaylor
March 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Just in case anyone wanted to see the new/old bling.

gwgtaylor
March 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Gerald and welcome to FP Geeks from a fellow Canadian! ;)

You are fortunate to live in Toronto as it's the only Canadian city to have had a pen show! I don't know when the next one is scheduled, but Shari Bridge is trying to organize one for 2012 (info here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/213063-toronto-international-pen-show-tips-2012-yes/ )

Thanks Maja! Hope I'll eventually be able to lose my pen show virginity. Hope it doesn't hurt too much. ;)

Maja
March 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks Maja! Hope I'll eventually be able to lose my pen show virginity. Hope it doesn't hurt too much. ;)
That kind of question would get tossed on my other favourite pen site, FPN ;) (just kidding, fellow FPN Mods/Admins!!!)
but I can safely say that attending your first pen show will undoubtedly be a very pleasant experience :D
Just make sure you bring double the amount of $$ you actually intend to bring! Oh, and congrats on the gorgeous Duofold!