PDA

View Full Version : A Pair of Vintage Parkers

Murfie
December 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
This had better be my last post in this forum for a while, otherwise I risk being accused of taking over the place ... :stop:

This is a pair of vintage Parker pens that I find just stunning. The first is a 1936 green marble Challenger Deluxe with a 14kt fine nib. The pen is a button filler.

I love writing with this pen which has a very comfortable feel in the hand. Usually I don't post the cap. The nib is typical vintage Parker, being quite firm but with a nice feel on the paper and a very consistent ink flow.

The second pen is a sea-green pearl 1932 Duofold Juniorette ring-top button filler with a 14kt B italic nib. This is a very small pen that has to have the cap posted in order to write with it.

And for a size comparison of the two, here is the final shot of them both together.

For these shots with the Fuji X10, white balance was taken manually, aperture was F11, and manual focusing was used with a 2 second delay on the shutter. Both pens were purchased from Gary Lehrer (gopens.com) - no affiliation other than being a very happy customer.

kaisnowbird
December 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
This had better be my last post in this forum for a while, otherwise I risk being accused of taking over the place ... :stop:

With gorgeous photos of beauties like these? Please don't stop. The more the merrier. It's lovely posts like these that get people like me through the budget blowout hiatus.

Murfie
December 3rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Please don't stop.
Kai, you are far too kind ...

How's the Pro Gear going? I've just ordered myself another one, this time with a medium/fine nib. I have an M in my orange one. The new one is the blue Millecoloré limited edition so I'll post some photos when it arrives.

kaisnowbird
December 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
How's the Pro Gear going? I've just ordered myself another one, this time with a medium/fine nib. I have an M in my orange one. The new one is the blue Millecoloré limited edition so I'll post some photos when it arrives.

The Pro Gear is quite happy here, I dare say. It was inked with Waterman Serenite for a week (admittedly not an imaginative choice of ink, but I wanted to ease it in). It even attended a semi-formal event with me (I went to a fancy lunch seminar featuring a prominent politician).

It's now napping at home and waiting for the next inking. Hmm... I'll go to another seminar on the coming Monday, I'll probably ink it up then and make it my default seminar pen. But this time, it will be filled with a more fun-colour ink. Maybe turquoise, or violet. I got a batch of ink samples this week, can't wait to try some.

Speaking of fun colours, that blue Millecoloré is not your average Sailor. More like an admiral. ;)

Murfie
December 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
... that blue Millecoloré is not your average Sailor. More like an admiral. ;)
Nah, I think the Kings of Pen are the Admirals. The Millecoloré would only be a Midshipman ... uhh ... Midshipperson ... uhh ... Midshippen? The latter must be right as it is mid shippin' at the moment. :cry:

Murfie
December 10th, 2013, 09:23 PM
OK, so here's a pic of my two Sailor Professional Gear pens. The blue one at top is the Millecoloré Limited Edition. It has a 21kt gold MF nib, and my orange Pro Gear has an M nib. Pen stands were recently acquired from SpeerBob (no affiliation).

kaisnowbird
December 11th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Looking at them just puts a big smile on my face. Such lovely pens!