PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Review of the Pilot Vanishing Point...

John the Monkey
March 27th, 2012, 05:26 AM
...over at No Pen Intended.

Despite him pretty much writing (ha!) this one off for me (as a lefty), I love his turn of phrase.

When talking about why the retractability is such a big deal;

“Why don’t you just NOT use a fountain pen in those kinds of situations?” you may wonder. Look, buster, if we followed that kind of thinking, we’d still be living in trees, eating termites off sticks, and covered in hair.

Well worth a read - http://nopenintended.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/pilot-vanishing-point-yellow-body-broad-nib-fountain-pen/

(And that Yellow colour is nice, isn't it? Hmm.)

KrazyIvan
March 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I read that post this morning. Good review but I think it may have pushed me away from wanting the pen.

John the Monkey
March 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
It made me think I'd try one before buying, tbh. And I really do like the look of that yellow...!

Ordinal
March 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I can't speak for the sinister aspects of them, but they are terrific pens apart from that. I am rather upset at having seemingly lost my LE Ice Green one recently.

dannzeman
March 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I read that post this morning. Good review but I think it may have pushed me away from wanting the pen.

I'm curious why this is?

KrazyIvan
March 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm curious why this is?

I dont like the clip. I always thought it would interfere with holding the pen. I dont like the way the nib looks unaturally mated to the body. It sticks out too far and is too skinny. The close up shots confirmed my feelings about it.

Tracy Lee
March 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I dont like the clip. I always thought it would interfere with holding the pen. I dont like the way the nib looks unaturally mated to the body. It sticks out too far and is too skinny. The close up shots confirmed my feelings about it.

I haven't ever had any issues with the clip being in the way. It is a little strange at first, but has never been in the way. I think the nib is sort of sly and cute and what I have been most pleased with is that I have never picked it up and had to coax it to write. No drying out, amazingly enough. Just another perspective. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

blackangus
April 9th, 2012, 01:38 AM
I resisted buying one of these for a long time, but finally took the plunge a couple of weeks ago. I'm kicking myself that I waited so long...