PDA

View Full Version : Pens F/S - get a gift for the pen lover in your life (even if it's you!)

adamfrank64
December 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Happy 2014, everybody! I hope you had a good New Year's Eve and wish you all the best for 2014.

Still for offer are a number of nice pens at reduced prices. Shipping is included, and I'll entertain reasonable offers. I'll ship internationally but please contact me beforehand, as shipping outside the US will be extra. Paypal preferred, but we can talk about other forms of payment. First firm offer, etc. No boxes/papers except as noted. Thanks for looking, and best regards!

Adam (adamfrank 64 at gmail dot com) (no spaces)

Parker Jotter in blue, nice ballpoint, no refill (and no picture, but hopefully you are familiar with the Jotter), together with Parker "21" in red, silver-colored cap, fine-medium nib. There's a longitudinal crack in the hood from the nib almost to the clutch ring. The sac is still pliable and the cap and barrel are in decent shape - if you replace the shell hood you'd have a very nice pen. $25

Swan 1060 with a #4 Eternal 14k firm, stubby nib. Very smooth. Twist-filler. Great imprints, but the clip is brassed, it's missing the third cap ring and the middle cap ring also shows significant brassing. Very mild oxidation of the cap tassie, but the relief swan logo is intact and beautiful. A nice chance to own a well-loved example of a terrific pen. $95 $85 $75 OBRO.

Visconti Homo Sapiens, comes with box and papers, with Visconti's "dream touch" nib made from 23k solid Palladium. The pen writes like a medium with some softness; it's a terrific writer. "Made from material as ancient as the world around us, Visconti Homo Sapiens is the first pen ever to be forged from the volcanic lava of Mt. Etna in Sicily, Italy." Trim in solid bronze. This is the original edition of the Homo Sapiens. Currently it seems to be available for around $595 new; I used this one twice and put it away. It uses Visconti's "power filler" plunger mechanism to fill and holds quite a bit of ink. Asking $400 $365 $325 OBRO.

Stipula Monna Lisa in Forest Green. "The creation of the Monna Lisa pen celebrates the ingenuity of the artist Davinci and illustrates Stipula’s creative approach to contemporary writing instruments." The pen includes Stipula's patented retractable mechanism (used in its DaVinci pen as well) and sports a very smooth 14k medium nib. The pen fills by cartridge only.

The sterling band is filled with colored enamel that beautifully offsets the colored resin of the body. The lighting in these pictures is not good (my apologies; I can try to take better pics if you want them); the body is a deep forest green, which is very hard to see in these photos. Nevertheless, this is a delightful pen. This pen doesn't appear to be easily available in the States; when it was available it retailed for $695 or $795 (not sure which price was for the 14k nib and which for the T-flex). Asking $395 $365 $320 OBRO. Includes inner and outer box; there were no papers in the box when I got it.

adamfrank64
December 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Vedo, TWSBI, and Capless (#9 with gold aluminum barrel) are sold

adamfrank64
December 14th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Saturday bump

adamfrank64
December 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Bump for price reductions!

adamfrank64
December 22nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Aurea and Platinum are sold!

adamfrank64
January 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Bump for new price reductions

slow35th
January 2nd, 2014, 03:06 PM
PM and email sent on the Visconti Homo Sapiens.

adamfrank64
January 2nd, 2014, 05:59 PM
Visconti and Swan are sold

adamfrank64
January 4th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Monna Lisa is sold