PDA

View Full Version : All users must accept rules to Market Feedback Forum before posting there

dannzeman
December 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
It's been a while since there's been any drama in the Market Feedback Forum and one of the issues that came up was that people weren't aware of the rules specific to that forum.

The solution that I've stumbled upon is that anyone who wishes to create a new thread or respond to a thread in that forum must first agree and accept the rules for that forum.

When you start a new thread or respond to one, you'll be taken to a page that shows the rules where you will need to check the box saying you agree and abide by the rules of that forum. Once you do that it'll automatically take you back where you were so you can start a new thread or respond to the thread you were in.

If you don't want to create or respond to a thread you'll still be able to browse and read the Market Feedback Forum without having to do anything, except when using the Tapatalk mobile app. I had to hide the forum from being displayed in Tapatalk because anyone could post in the forum without agreeing to the rules.

It might not be the best solution, but it's better than getting rid of the Market Feedback Forum entirely and it makes everyone aware of the rules to that forum.

As always, input regarding this topic is always welcome.

jacksterp
December 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Good idea.

Suggestion - P2 <his> to <their>

Robert
December 10th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Good idea.

I guess I'm just Old School, but "his" is (still) grammatically correct.

AndyT
December 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good idea.

The area of gender neutral pronouns is a difficult one. My personal feeling is that it's worth making an effort to negotiate a path between grammatical precision, politeness and brevity, usually at the expense of the latter. Makes me sound like a pompous old goat probably, but I'd go for something like "It is not the personalities of the vendors and repairers being reviewed, but their actions".

I'm not especially bothered about offending any particularly sensitive group, but I'd rather annoy everyone equally with a clumsy construction than single out one of them. :)

dannzeman
December 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'm just happy we're all on topic.

AndyT
December 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I'm just happy we're all on topic.

:) Well, I'm perfectly content with that arrangement, for one. If we're quibbling about politically correct grammar I doubt you're going to get howls of protest at this stage.

Annie
December 11th, 2013, 01:37 AM
To heck with the grammar, the thrust of the rule seems pretty fair to me.

spotted and speckled
December 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Good idea.

I was just happy someone translated that for me!

And selling rules are fine. So are reviewing rules. Maybe even Ruler of Reviews is ok. Look! Someone just got a title and a promotion.

vikramguliya
May 23rd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Its a good idea

Mags
May 25th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Sure, I am good with it.