PDA

View Full Version : Salutations all,

crackednib
December 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I am a modest collector of vintage pens. Collector may be to strong a word, user of vintage fountain pens may be closer to the truth. Having given up on fountain pens in my youth after an embarrassing ink "discharge" I rediscovered the joy of writing (as opposed to typing everything) a few years ago. Interest in paleography soon followed. It is with joy that I discovered this community of fountain pen users and I even noticed a few dip pen fans to sweeten the deal. Other interest (distractions according to my wife, and there is some truth to that opinion) include playing the violin, woodworking, painting, straight razors, brandy and just about every other luddite endeavor you can bring to mind.
I used the name "crackednib" as recently I did just that to a vintage nib, to my embarrassment. I will respond to Geoff as well as other terms of endearment you may wish to utter.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and knowledge,

Geoff
crackednib

jar
December 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Jeph
December 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
:welcome:
I had to look up "Luddite"

KrazyIvan
December 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the community.

writingrav
December 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome t the madness. Indulge!

butchhe
December 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the addiction!

crackednib
December 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
One would hope you made use of a "real" dictionary and not some online resource.

heath
December 11th, 2013, 01:14 PM

Greg Minuskin
December 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Welcome!

You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really fun and informative. If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

cwent2
December 11th, 2013, 06:12 PM
One would hope you made use of a "real" dictionary and not some online resource.

Oh yes, :welcome: to the neighborhood, seems you will fit in nicely!

Cw

VertOlive
December 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Welcome! I am just beginning to be fascinated by dip pens--maybe the low tech, Luddite version of the fountain pen...

earthdawn
December 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Welcome !!!

:crazy_pilot:

Jon Szanto
December 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Nice to have you. Remember: in the eyes of some people, owning/using three pens already makes you a collector. Idiots.

;)

caribbean_skye
December 19th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome welcome.