PDA

View Full Version : Quick Handwritten Ink Review: Private Reserve Ebony Blue

heath
December 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
You can see all the images here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/quick-handwritten-ink-review-private-reserve-ebony-blue/ (http://penpaperinkletter.com/quick-handwritten-ink-review-private-reserve-ebony-blue/)

Ink: Private Reserve Ebony Blue
Pen: Pilot Metropolitan (M)
Paper: Black n' Red

cwent2
December 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Heath

Flavor me a do - or in proper English, do me a favor? Next letter, or note you send me please use this ink.

Thanks

Warm Regards

Cw

heath
December 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Heath

Flavor me a do - or in proper English, do me a favor? Next letter, or note you send me please use this ink.

Thanks

Warm Regards

Cw

Sure thing! If you ever see a paper or ink I review that you want to see feel free to request it!

Heath

jacksterp
December 12th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Heath - What paper did you use for this review? It looks slightly off-color (a bluish tint?)

If I didn't already have so many blue inks, I might be tempted. I still might...

Thanks for the review!

heath
December 12th, 2013, 03:05 PM
It's the same "Black n' Red" I have used for all of my handwritten ink reviews. It was in natural indirect light so that might account for the color issue.

DrChumley
December 12th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I actually posted a review of this ink a while back as well. I didn't care for it much at the time, but since I originally posted the review I have come to like this ink a little bit more.

Robert
December 12th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Heath and DrChumley - - I like Ebony Blue very much. Do either of you find that the teal/green component of this ink tends to rise to the top of the bottle, even after a short time "on the shelf?" That has been my experience - - thus requiring a gentle shake prior to each use. Thanks for your reviews of this ink!

KrazyIvan
December 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I like it on wide nibs like a 1.1 mm.

DrChumley
December 13th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Heath and DrChumley - - I like Ebony Blue very much. Do either of you find that the teal/green component of this ink tends to rise to the top of the bottle, even after a short time "on the shelf?" That has been my experience - - thus requiring a gentle shake prior to each use. Thanks for your reviews of this ink!

I only had a sample of the color, so I never got to experience that phenomenon. But then again, I usually at least flip the bottle upside down (and back upright, obviously) for most of my inks before filling up the pen.

Sailor Kenshin
December 13th, 2013, 01:30 PM
It sheens, too. This is a very deep blackity-blue-black and I just finished my first converter-full, in a 1.1 Lamy Nexx. Took a while to flush out, but I love the color.

earthdawn
December 13th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Great review... thank you.

I got a sample of this a year or so ago and love it. I really like the colors that come out of it.

It is one of the bottles on my "ink list"