PDA

View Full Version : Cost of 1st level Service in the UK

Paul-H
December 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Hi all

Anyone know what Montblanc charge for their 1st level service in the Uk, I have a 147 with a bit fallen off from the end of the barrel at the nib end and I understand a new barrel will be needed.

I have been told this will be covered by their 1st level service so was trying to find out just how much they charge for that.

I have been told its £60 but have also been told its £80

Anyone know what it actually is in the UK and would a new barrel be provided under a level 1 repair or would that be more

This picture shows the trim ring missing from the end of the barrel.

Thanks

Paul

e

Chrissy
December 30th, 2013, 03:43 AM
I think it's still £60, but any boutique will advise you the price over the phone.

Paul-H
December 30th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hi

Its now gone off for repair, the Boutique said its £80 or they will phone me if its more once its its gone back to Germany, I will probably get it back at the end of January or beginning of February.

Will post an update when I get it back or get the higher than £80 phone call :(

Paul

kaisnowbird
December 30th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Pardon my ignorance - what does the 1st level service involve?

Paul-H
December 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
As I understand it, it covers anything that is not Gold or Silver Coloured. Although they claim there charges start at £37 but gave no indication as to what you get for that, but its probably little more than a letter to say your pen has been examined and found to be Genuine/Fake (Delete as Appropriate).

Paul

Paul-H
January 19th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hi all

Just had a Phone call from my local Boutique to say my 147 is back from repair so not too bad for the time of year.

The cost will be £70, I will be picking it up from them tomorrow so will know then just what they have replaced, it should be the complete barrel as the missing bit is part of the barrel.

Paul

da vinci
January 19th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for posting this helpful update, would be glad to hear the conclusion of this situation.

Paul-H
January 20th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Hi all

Just got back from the Boutique with my 147 all fixed and rearing to go.

Paperwork says that a level. 2 service was done and that cost £70.

It looks like a new barrel has been fitted although it looks like its a two piece barrel so thay might have just replaced the section. The rest of the pen has been polished and almost looks like new, including the nib that now has that new nib sparkle that is normally reserved for pens on show in the boutique under their very specular lighting, specially chosen to show off their nibs and gols pens.

They did not take the opportunity to replace the cartridge holder that had some pitting, but then again I didn't ask them to.

Other than that I am well pleased with the work done and the turn around was quite quick as well, even though I took it in just before Christmas, they said it would not be sent to Germany untill after the new year, so it's was less than 19 days away in real terms.

Paul

da vinci
January 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a happy ending. Thanks for posting the conclusion.

kaisnowbird
January 20th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Given the amount of work done, the price is quite fair I reckon.
Love a happy ending.

Paul-H
January 21st, 2014, 01:49 AM
Yep, I was happy to pay for the work done and happy with the end result.

Still not got a clue what a level one service costs though or what you get done with a level one service, as others have posted that barrel and cap changes are included in the level one price, but mine had the barrel changed with a level two service. What's the difference between level one and level two. Or is it something simple like level one for worn out parts and level two for broken?

Paul